Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The happenings when nothing's happening

So, it's been a couple weeks since I've done anything on this here blog. The reason being that nothing's been happening. The millipedes are in full force in our house. We don't know how they get in, but they do. They crawl around with their hundreds of millions of little legs and give me the willies! When I have to come downstairs at night to get medicine for sick off spring, stepping on a millipede is my number one concern. Nasty! We did go camping over Memorial Day weekend with four other families from our ward. It was really fun except for the spiders that came out at night. They were in the bathroom and they were as big as my hand. No that's not an exaggeration. They were big enough that when we would shine a flashlight on them, their eyes would glow greenish yellow like a cats. They were truly awful! We tried to get a picture, but we weren't willing to get close enough to put something next to them(there was more than one. I know, NASTY!) so you could see how big they were. Full body chills is what happened when I saw the spiders every night. One odd lady came into the bathroom while I was standing there with my mouth open staring at the spider. She came over and asked what I was looking at. I couldn't speak. I just pointed to them. She counted the legs and then said,"Oh good." and walked away. I asked her what was good and she said,"spiders that have 8 legs aren't usually poisonous." Now, I'm no spiderologist, but don't all spiders have 8 legs?
Here's proof of the camping experience. We love camping! We loved it in Utah, but since moving we have realized that Utah has no trees. Truly. My older brother told us that Utah has no trees after he moved back east and I didn't believe him. I would look around and see a tree or two and think, we have trees here! It's true, there are a couple of trees in Utah. But nothing like here! It's beautiful here! There are so many trees that you can't see the campground next to you. It's awesome! The campground that we stayed at is kind of weird. You can't park at your campsite. You park in the parking lot and have to haul your stuff in. Thankfully we had taken our bikes so we had the bike trailer that we could use to load our crap in.
He loved riding with all of the stuff, unless of course it slid into him. Then he didn't totally love it, but he wouldn't complain!


What else has been going on, lets see here. Oh! Little B walks, kind of. He was doing awesome! We went to a ward picnic on Saturday and he walked all over the place. But then he got sick and only wanted to be held. But, I have pictures of him walking!(Of course I have pictures of him walking! I take pictures of everything!)
He walks in a line for a minute and then he walks in circles and laughs and laughs.
He comes down the stairs from the playroom into the living room, uses the couch to stand up and then walks across the room. When he walks from one side of the room to the other he gets really excited. He loves to hit his hands on the other couch and then turn around, 
 and walk back to the stairs so the he can go up into the playroom. 
I know it's not a walking picture, but it's cute and should be on here!

We have nothing else to report. No major callings, no broken bones or major sicknesses. School's not out yet, I know, it should be illegal to still be in school. We still have over a week left. Every morning when the alarm goes off I want to cry. The annoying part is that they did end of year testing 2 1/2 weeks ago. So since then school has just been parties and field trips. Of course they love it and are excited to go to their camping day at school or their chef day where they make yummy treats. To me, I want them to be out and be home with me. But, I can't pull them out, because they still take attendance and here if you miss too many days of school you have to do mandatory summer school. That's worse than taking them to school for the last month and a half just so they can play. I will say that we have a couple pretty awesome trips planned in the next few weeks. I know I probably shouldn't have said anything because now you probably won't be able to sleep from the excitement of waiting for another post. All I can say to that is, take some Benadryl that should help! 






3 comments:

  1. Yay for walking! His smile melts my heart, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the walking pics. He is so adorable. Okay spiders that big- your a saint for not heading back to the car to go home. Yuck! My kiddos just got out of school this week- I have slept in this weekend in spitefulness to my alarm since I finally can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPIDERS!!! I'm SO glad I didn't go!

    ReplyDelete

Voting