Sunday, July 13, 2014

The sun rises and our own little miracle!

We just got back from an amazing trip, I will write about that later. But I couldn't let another day pass without writing about our vacation miracle. As most of you know, and if you don't then you must not know me, I love to take pictures. I take pictures of almost anything. I love to take them and look at them and if it's of B's face, I even kiss it on occasion. No, that's truth, I really do kiss his picture that I have tucked in my scriptures. Anyway, I put the pictures in a book and we love to look at our books. I just finished our 27th book. I print the pictures out at the end of each month and put them in the book. We planned and executed an amazing trip. The last stop on our trip was a national park. We had taken a lot of pictures on this trip and the picture taking had continued in the national park. B had taken some pictures on his phone, but the really good ones were on the camera. We had one more thing to look at before we left the park and started the drive home. B found a perfect picture taking spot. He said we should take a picture, I asked if he wanted to do it with his phone or the camera.He told me we should do it with the camera. I went to get the camera off the stroller where we had been keeping it and it wasn't there. I thought,"Oh that's right, I put it in the backpack." I went to get it out of it's designated spot in the backpack, it wasn't there. I asked B if he had it, he shook his head. I pulled everything out of the backpack in case it was put in the wrong spot. It wasn't there. B said that we should go retrace our steps. We looked for over an hour all over the park. I took everything out of the backpack again and felt in every pocket. It wasn't there still. We looked everywhere we had gone asked in the gift shop if anyone had turned it in. We asked almost every park employee that we passed if anyone had turned in the camera. Checked where we had been again. I took everything out of the backpack again and checked all the pockets, still no camera. I remembered that at one point the backpack had fallen out of the stroller and had landed upside down and open. We went back to that spot and it wasn't there. I took everything out of the backpack one last time, turned it upside down and shook it hoping the camera would fall out. No such luck. We filled out a form with the park police, looked at the last thing we were going to look at and started the long drove home without our camera. To say that I was upset would be a gross understatement. I felt like our favorite family pet had just died. I cried and cried over the lost pictures that were still on the camera. I hadn't remembered to download the pictures from June onto our computer before we had left on the third of July. So, not only were all the pictures from our amazing trip lost, but all our pictures from June were on there too. There were over 100 pictures just from June. I'm telling you, I take a ton of pictures. We drove five hours that night. All I could think about were the pictures that were on the camera. That night as M and K said their prayers, they both asked if Heavenly Father would help us find our camera. When I said my prayer I told Heavenly Father that it's not the camera I cared about. It was the pictures on the camera that I wanted. I told him that if I could somehow get the pictures, but the camera was destroyed the next day, I would be fine. I wasn't trying to morn over something worldly, but I love pictures and think it's a great form of record keeping to put the pictures in a book and write about each one. In my prayer I told Heavenly Father that I knew he had the power and the ability to get us our camera and that if it was his will that we somehow got the camera back so we could have the pictures, I would be so thankful. I closed my prayer and went to bed. We drove the other five hours home the next day. My OCD makes me unpack everything and put it away the same day we get home from a vacation. I had gotten everything in it' s place and just had the backpack left. I pulled out all the junk that was in there and looked in to make sure that nothing was left and there sitting in the bottom of the backpack was the camera! I am not making any of this up. The camera wasn't there the day before. I had pulled everything out, turned it upside down and shaken it. The camera was not in the backpack the day before. When I saw it, I gasped, grabbed it and started jumping up and down and screaming. All four members of my family stopped eating mid-bite to watch me act like a crazy woman. B asked where it had been, but I was jumping up and down and spinning in circles and saying"thank you Heavenly Father!", so I couldn't answer him for at least two minutes. When I finally stopped jumping and was just doing an excited run in place really fast, I was able to tell him it was in the bottom of the backpack. He asked how that could be because I had checked it so much. I stopped all movement and said,"Heavenly Father put it in our backpack! That's the only explanation there is!" K said," Maybe there was an invisible string that the camera was hooked to that made it so when you turned it upside down, the camera didn't come out." I said," No way Jose. I pulled everything out of the backpack. I turned it upside down and shook it. The camera was not in the backpack. Heavenly Father put the camera in our backpack." He asked how. I can't answer that question. I don't know how he did it, all I know is that Heavenly Father heard and answered our prayers. It is so amazing to me that Heavenly Father cares enough about me and my love for pictures that he let me have them back. In the eternal scheme of things, our pictures aren't going to mean a whole lot. But for here and now, they mean a lot to me. Heavenly Father is wonderful and amazing and I love him!  

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got your pictures! Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers for sure. I can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Voting