Sunday, March 8, 2015

Pals



 These here little fellas are pals to say the least. What might be more fitting is that they are one in the same. The only differences are their age and one of them has glasses. Other than that they are basically the same person. Just to clear the air, we do not put them in the same jammies. I got little B in his jammies first. K saw what ones he had on and said,"I'm going to wear my Planes jammies too, that way we can match!" They both love cars and trains and boats and balls and to put the marble track game thing together and watch the marbles roll along the thing they just built.


They love to play together, although the dynamics are changing ever so slightly now that little B can talk. Where K used to rule the playing field and do whatever he wants, we now here little B say,"No K! Stop!" The first time little B said it, K thought it was cute and proceeded to take away the car he wanted. But when little B took it back K didn't really like it anymore. Thankfully we have enough little cars to cover three small countries, so there's always enough to go around! (I'm not kidding about the amount of cars that we have in this house. See the wooden box in the background? FULL of cars. We're talking so full that unless the cars are put in there right, the lid won't shut. I know we have a problem. There are days when the crazy in me comes out and I go through it and throw some away because I can't stand finding them all over the house. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to find them in little crevices whilst young ones are in the bath.)



Sometimes when people come into our house that don't really know us they probably think that we never clean up the toy room. We do, it just doesn't look like it. It is totally normal to have the marble track game thing set up standing next to the door. Next in line are the cars that are in a pile next to the little police station and last of all are the trains that are taking up the rest of the floor. I used to have them clean them up as they went, but it was a waste of energy because they just go in circles of things they are playing with. I think that their little brains run on a chant that goes a little something like this," eat, marbles, cars, trains, repeat." If the weather's nice then they throw in going outside, but mostly they spend their days in the playroom together. Little B has become especially attached to rescue vehicles. He calls them all," Wee-o, wee-o's" He can spot them from an incredible distance too. The other week I was just finishing mopping the floor. He had been playing with his little police car. He kept saying over and over, "A wee-o wee-o." I kept asking him if he was playing with his police car. He would answer in a very excited voice,"Yeah! And a wee-o wee-o!" I got done mopping and went to rinse the mop out. I had to pass the window by the door. He was standing there staring outside. That's when I noticed that there was a fire truck across the street. We decided to use the outside water spigot to rinse the mop so we could watch the fire truck.


My guess is that it was a carbon monoxide detector that went off. There were no flames shooting from the windows and no smoke billowing up. People still go in and out of it every day, so clearly it wasn't destroyed in a tragic house fire. Anyway, we loved sitting out there watching the firemen come in and out and when they were able to leave, it drove right in front of our house. Best. Day. Ever! 


As the firetruck was driving by, it stopped, a fireman got out of the truck and walked across our grass. He gave little B this hat and said that they had all noticed that we had watched them. He asked little B if he liked the firetruck. Little B just stared at him with huge eyes. He didn't say anything so I thanked him for the hat. After the firetruck had pulled away little B started waving frantically and yelling,"BYE A WEE-O WEE-O!" I was able to get this semi good picture before he took the hat off his head and ripped it in half. Have I mentioned that he's crazy?! He likes rescue vehicles and K likes to shoot his Nerf gun.


I know he's outside in jammies. He didn't feel good this morning and by the time this afternoon rolled around there was no need to change. Yes we are so classy and let our kids play outside in jammies. Anyway, there's something white hanging in the tree. I don't know what it is. When I pointed it out to K he said that he thinks it's a butterfly cocoon. I told him I think it's too big to be a butterfly cocoon. He told me he would get his gun and shoot it down. As he was shooting at it he said,"Actually, I don't think that it's a butterfly cocoon. I think it's a baby tarantula." Great! In that case please continue to try and shoot it down from the tree! As we all know he gets his skills from me and so the white thing continues to hang in the tree at this very moment. I don't know what's in it and hopefully whatever it is, stays there until it's supposed to come out and then it can just climb down the tree and go away. Little B's job for now is bullet retriever. He doesn't mind it as long as K will let him shoot the gun once in awhile. I just love the fellas in my life and hope that they are always pals.


1 comment:

  1. I almost cried I was laughing so hard about the hat being ripped in half! How awesome they stopped just to say hi to him! Love the posts, all of them are fabulous! How fun for ice storms (I guess...) and real snow! Love the post on the boys, gotta love boys! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Voting