Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Welp, it's true. Another year has come and gone and there is a little lady in our house that had a birthday. M turned ten. 10! I can't believe she's already ten. Time goes by so fast! I remember when she was a wee wee wee little lass and all she did was cry. I would cry with her and dream of the day that I would be a grandma so that when the baby cried I could hand said baby back to it's mom and I could walk away. Not to mention the poop and spit up that was launched in my direction and hit various parts of my body. Needless to say, that was not a good time. Now, she's ten and the crying and spitting up have stopped. We may or may not still have the poop issue. :) M is still quiet. She doesn't like to be the center of attention. We asked her if she wanted us to bring her treats or balloons to her at school. Panic covered her face and in an almost desperate voice she said, "No! Please don't!" I asked her if it was because she was embarrassed of us or she didn't want to be the center of attention. She said that she just didn't like to have everyone staring at her. So, we stayed home and didn't take her a treat or balloons at school. M is very gentle and loves to play. She loves her little brothers and loves to act like she's in charge. She doesn't like learning new things because she feels stupid that she doesn't already know how to do it. She is learning to snow ski and so far loves it. She can't totally stop and is working on it. B has told her to turn slowly and try going up hill to stop. Instead, she sits down and drags her hands behind her. At least she's able to stop and that's what's important right?! I know they're late in coming, but her birthday pictures are ready to be put up!

 Isn't she lovely? She just got expanders on her teeth to widen her jaw for the braces that are coming her way in about four weeks.
 I try to tell her that she should open her eyes more, but when she opens her eyes more, her smile gets smaller. Having her try is funny and sometimes I ask her to do it just to have a good laugh.Now, don't misunderstand, I'm not laughing at her or making fun of her. She laughs with me and then we refocus and snap a couple more pictures.

 Oh how we love our M! We are so happy and thankful that she's part of our family. I am so happy that she's the oldest. She is so willing to help. She is getting really good at cooking and if I need help with dinner I can ask her and she'll come help. She's made entire dinners by herself as I am helping K with his homework. She is my girl support since we are surrounded by three boys in our family. We talk about how stinky boys are and ponder on the reason's why. I truly love this sweet thing and I am so so happy that she's ours forever!

1 comment:

  1. We love M too! Eve got another letter in the mail and is working on her reply. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Voting