Sunday, April 10, 2016

Wall- take two



 Remember this? 


 And this?


 And this?

Welp, we finally got around to finishing it. Now when I say we, we all know that I mean other people. I had nothing to do with it. I am always the designated picture taker. 


P came over again with his sprayer and textured the wall. He did a great job and the only mistake he made was to tell us to let it dry overnight. Overnight turned into more like 21-28 overnight's. Truth, the wall sat textured without primer, which meant that we couldn't paint it yet, for three or four weeks. I would look at it and think, I should prime that and then paint it, but who would take the picture to document it being done? Since there was no picture taker, I read a book instead and let the textured wall continue to sit there. What book you ask? I was reading the Selection series. Oh. My. Word! Talk about good books! My 16 year old niece told me I should read them. I'm pretty sure the wall wasn't the only thing neglected as I read those books. I loved them! Anyway, I digress, so sorry! One Saturday B decided that enough was enough and with three very eager helpers, they took on the wall.

When I say the three littles were eager to help, I really meant it. They sat and watched B and every hundredth of a second asked if it was their turn yet.

To cut down on fighting, we just went oldest to youngest for who was going next. Little B had lost interest and was probably playing in the bucket of primer.

K wanted to prime the entire wall and didn't really get why B kept telling him not to go too high.

  Little B loved doing it as long as he could do it by himself. If either B or I got too close he would wave us away and say,"No, no, don't, I do it all by myself." Thankfully they were only priming a small area and so they got the primer on pretty fast. I honestly don't remember if we painted it that same night. Knowing us, I would say it was definitely at least two or three nights later that B put the paint on the wall.

I don't know why it looks so white, it's not. It's a lovely shade of gray. I am happy to report that our second attempt, hence the holding up of two fingers, he's not doing a peace sign (although he does long for word peace :)), on our wall has held up! There hasn't been any oozing water or other catastrophes. Next on the list is the flooring and oh what a happy day that will be! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting