Monday, November 14, 2016

Family pictures

As most of you know, B and I were training to run a Ragnar. It's a team relay race that's 200 miles long. There were 12 people on the team and the race was in Hawaii. The race was in October and we had started training for it last year. Truth be told, the reason we told the lady in our ward that we would do it was because we didn't think there was any way that she would find enough runners to make up the 12 man team. Welp, she did. So we started training. We were mostly dreading the race and looking forward to the week after the race that B had taken off of work that was going to be spent in Hawaii, kid free. As we all know, life doesn't go as you plan very often and you end up getting pregnant when you thought that your baby making factory had been shut down. I know there are women that run marathons whilst being heavy with child, but I am not one of those amazonian women. I can't even hold a toothbrush for the first five months of pregnancy, let alone train and run a 200 mile relay race. We sadly had to say goodbye to our Hawaii get away. I thought that the hospital would say that B needed to work since we weren't going to be in Hawaii. But, to my great astonishment, he still got the time off. Sweet! Of course we didn't stay home, we went to Utah for the week. One of the things that we wanted to do while we were there was to take family pictures. I don't love having my picture taken when I look normal. I have an especially hard time taking pictures while I am huge and pregnant. My face gets really fat and I just don't love it. But, my OCD requires that we take a family picture once a year. So, I put on my big girl panties and smiled pretty while trying to suck my cheeks in so that I didn't look like a chipmunk. I know that this will come as a surprise to you, but I tend to take a lot of pictures. I then print them out so that we can look back on things that we've done and remember that we have done fun things as a family and even enjoyed each other's company even though day to day life can make me feel like I want to pull my hair out and live in a padded room. I would like to think that I would pay good money for family pictures, but our beautiful sister-in-law, S does an amazing job and she doesn't charge us a penny. What a rock star right? Oh how thankful we are for the talented people in our lives!



We feel like Utah is so beautiful! Especially in the fall when all the leaves are changing color. We were worried that all the fall colors would be gone because it was so late into October. We were so happy that there was still some fall colors in Provo. 



M noticed this swing under the bridge. I think it was a great find! They were nervous that they were going to fall into the water so I am really happy that we got good smiles from them. At one point they all had to shift a little bit and you would think we had asked them to dive in. There were a lot of protests. But, we have hearts of stone and made them slide over a little anyway.


Next time we take family pictures, she won't be the only girl in the girl picture. She's so excited about a little sister that she has started to paint little B's toenails. He is all too willing to let her do it too. B shakes his head and says it's not great but, I think it's cute.
I love it! Sorry, I digress.

These two are wild and crazy and one in the same. Little B acts just like K. They even make the same kid noises. They usually get along and love to play cars together. They are the only two that know exactly how to play cars right. When little B asks me to play with him, I hear how I'm doing it wrong. So, he stops playing and says that he'll just wait to play with cars until K gets home from school . K used to tell me that I did it wrong too. I honestly didn't know that there was a wrong way to play cars. Clearly there is because out of the mouths of two witnesses I have been told that I don't do it right. We all have things we can improve on so I have added playing with cars to the list. I love my little family so much! I truly am so thankful that we're sealed together and that these people are stuck with me for all eternity!





4 comments:

  1. CUTE!!
    I love that B will let M paint his toenails!

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these at Mom's,they are SO cute!!! I can't believe how grown-up M looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family! Such cute pictures! I think you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So dang cute!! They're so big! M is going to be taller than you I bet :-) Man, I wish you were closer!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Voting