Thursday, August 31, 2017

Priest Lake

Isn't it so beautiful?! Priest Lake. It truly is a beautiful place with awful sand and wind almost every afternoon. It's beautiful nonetheless and we went with B's family. Since we have this one,

And the fact that I'm a snot, staying in a tent was out of the question. Actually renting a trailer was B's idea. He just didn't have to do a whole lot of convincing. I agreed that it was a great idea before he even got the whole word, trailer, out of his mouth. Sleeping in a bed all week and having a bite size shower and a fridge was magical. When I say the shower was bite size, I'm not kidding. The tub was so so tiny that when we put her in it she almost touched the ends with her head and feet and she couldn't extend her arms out to the side without hitting the sides of the tub. But, it had warm, clean, running water so that's all that matters. The kiddos loved having bunk beds and they would shove cousins in the beds with them at night. M usually had two other cousins sleeping with her. You can imagine how cozy that was. But, they loved it and actually slept so that's all that really matters. Aaaaaaanyway, 

Going to the water. Some of us were way more excited about it than others. Little B could hardly wait to get there. Telling him that we needed to put on sunscreen was like telling a fat kid that there's no more ice cream. There were tears and protests but, he survived, barely, and made it to the water before 10 in the morning.

When they weren't on the boat, they loved playing in the water. They are brave humans that's for sure. If water isn't 100 degrees or close to it, like, 99.9, it's too cold for me. I was on baby duty and spent a lot of the week at the trailer reading. What book you ask? A Man Called Ove. It's amazing! The main guy reminded me so much of my dad. I laughed and cried and missed my dad a lot. It's so good. I digress. I had a love hate relationship with staying at the trailer. I loved the book but I didn't love being by myself. I know, A was there. but she was sleeping. I wanted to be at the beach so I could at least see my family. I did go down there one time when she was awake and she just screamed her head off. So I took her back to the trailer.

They got to go on the tube and they loved it. I don't know who took this picture, but I love that they did! I am so happy that they got to ride together.

One morning we went on a short little hike before they went to the water. What a weird sign right? Well, I thought that since there are arrows pointing in opposite directions for the same hike, that it must be a loop. The other folks we were with must have had similar thoughts. We picked, choosing the right, and went to the right. We made it about 5 minutes down the trail before we hit a dead end and had to turn around. Talk about a backfire when you're trying to teach your kids that life's like the sign and they should always choose the right. When we hit the dead end we had to add, and sometimes things don't go your way, so turn around and keep going. That earned us a couple of smirks from our oldest. Thankfully K was in his own little world and just kept whistling and walking. 

After the hike, they went boating. I love this picture! I think it looks like M's cousin, A, has plans to pull M off by her feet. I wish that she would have, that would have been so funny! Thankfully she didn't and M stayed safely on the tube.

Both M and K tried water skiing. The ski's didn't go small enough so they kept popping off. If we had had the right sized ski's, both of them would have been able to get up without any problem. They were both pretty nervous to try it, but they did awesome and I'm so proud of them for giving it a go!

M even tried wake boarding! B says that if she had been able to get the board out of the water more, she would have been able to stand all the way up. She really liked it. K was feeling pretty traumatized from trying skiing so he opted out of the wake boarding experience.

One of the days we did the waterslide hike. It's a mile long hike to this natural warerslide. One has to wear a garbage bag over your swim suit so your suit doesn't get torn up. That's what people say. I think it's so you can go a lot faster as you're sliding down but, I was on baby duty and couldn't go down so what do I know? M said she liked it but, the water was so cold, like burn your feet because it's so cold, that she only went down a couple times. The boys, on the other hand, loved it!

I wish you could hear him. He is laughing as he's sliding down backwards. K didn't care at all that the water was hurt your skin cold. He loved it!

I was a little worried to have little B go down by himself, but I shouldn't have been. He loved it and when he got to the bottom he would run up to the top to go again. 



 


After we got back from the hike, we went on the boat. I was tired of sitting alone at the trailer,(and I had finished my book) so, we knew that A would fall asleep on the boat. Off we went and she was asleep within minutes. She looks so big in this picture. She's not really. She still wears 0-3 month clothes.


WHOA!!!! M is on the outside edge, her 18 year old cousin, J, is in the middle and B is on the side closest to the water. They somehow landed back on the water dry, and none worse for the wear. When they got back in the boat they all said they thought they were flipping over on this one.

I love him! He loves boating. He loves driving it, skiing behind it or pulling people on the tube. He loves that it's something our entire family can do regardless of age. He has big plans to own a boat someday and when people tell him it's a waste of money, he will tells them they're wrong because of the great time his family had with their boat growing up. He says the best vacations were boating ones. He says a boat is worth every penny. 

Jumping off the dock is a must whilst visiting Priest Lake. The water is freezing, but worth the plunge. I don't know how the boys can jump in without plugging their noses. I keep every opening I have squeezed tight so there's no rushing water.


BAHAHAHA!!!!! I love this one! I love B's face! Right as they were getting to the end of the dock, little B slipped. Thankfully he didn't hit his head. Instead he came out of the water laughing and yelling,"did you see that?!" 

CANNON BALL!!!!!

All of B's siblings were there with their families except for one brother. Can you see how A is FREAKING out? Why oh why are we doing family pictures at 7:00 at night? I know for 98% of the people that were there, 7:00 is a great time. The sun's not beating in your face and it's not too hot. You've had dinner so kids won't be hungry. But by 7:00 babies are melting down. All of B's mom's siblings were there with most of their kids. It was a big group and some of them only saw A at the family picture. Or when we got together at 7:00 on Sunday night to sing hymns. Another, late night for a baby, event. One of them asked me if A was always so colicky because any time she saw her, she was screaming her face off. I told her she's usually a super happy baby, just not when it's bedtime and we're waiting in line to take a picture or trying to sing a song. In three years when we go back, hopefully it'll be someone else's baby freaking out. Of course by then, A will be three and a different kind of rotten for family pictures. The week went by too fast but, we loved Priest Lake. We loved being with family and can't wait for the next reunion!


1 comment:

Voting