Monday, January 8, 2018

It's time

It's time to bite the bullet and update the blog. Updating this is like dusting. I put it off until I can see, from a distance, that it really needs to be done. The thing is, folks, that I don't feel like I have anything to say. I could talk about my love of cookie dough, sweatshirts and jackets but all I have to say about those is that I love them. I could talk about my dislike of holes and dusting and cleaning bathtubs but, why? So, what can I talk about? I can say that I am truly shocked that it's been since November 28 since I did anything with this. That's crazy. Let me look at our December pictures and see what I can come up with.

It snowed. Before we moved here people told us that one of the great things about living in this stinky, boring place is that it doesn't snow. Ever. The first year we were here, winter happened just like they said it would. No heavy coats, no closed school for bad weather and no snow. Then last year it snowed. A ton. It was terrible. So far this year it has snowed more here than in the mountains of Utah. One lady at B's work was so excited to spend Christmas in a ski in, ski out cabin in Park City. When they got there, zero snow. Not great. I don't love the snow. I don't love that it's cold and wet and makes the house a mess what with melting snow all over the floor to plague one's sock's. I do however love the hot chocolate that follows being in the snow. Now when I say I was in the snow I mean that I was standing on the little slab of cement outside the garage door so that I could take the pictures. I didn't actually touch the white stuff.

As soon as B set her down in the snow, she toppled over. She laid there with a really confused look on her face. We don't have any snow stuff her size. Her snow pants are a 2T. So we folded them over and secured them with rubber bands. It made her look like a double amputee but, we wanted her to stay warm. Her hands hit at about the elbow of the coat. She would try to touch the snow and couldn't figure out where her hands were. 

Dark pictures are the worst! She loved it for about one minute and then she wanted to be picked up. 


M was very pro,  take A outside. She thought it was adorable that her snow gear didn't fit and she about died laughing when A toppled over. She was quick to remind everyone not to throw snowballs in their direction. She wanted her to stay outside with them the whole time the big kids were out there. Unfortunately A only lasted a few minutes. Then I was very pro, take A inside. It was a fun day if playing in the snow is your kind of a thing. In other non related news, doesn't the shed back there in the background look amazing? Yeah, Costco built it and B painted it. I would like to say that I helped paint it. If you call spilling paint on my jacket and dropping great drops of paint on the cement due to too much on the brush a help, then I was. But when B told me in a very nice voice that I could go get little B lunch and he would finish, I knew I hadn't been as much help as I had wanted to. Rats! Thankfully he was able to fix my blunders and the shed looks great! I will try to be better about making updates but, I make no promises. 

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I love you blog and the way I can relate to you! You make me laugh and I wish again and again that I was as funny as you. I couldn't agree more about the snow. Why do people think it's a good idea to go in it?! I noticed the shed before you even mentioned it! It looks great. Man, I seriously love reading your blog! Thanks for bringing joy into my boring days!

    ReplyDelete

Voting