Friday, October 12, 2018

Boise or bust

You all remember the sad tail of the boat. That we had it, it didn't work, so we needed to return it. B's younger brother, BJ and his ever charming wife, S, said they would meet us half way to get said boat. What rock stars right? Well, the half way mark is Boise. So, to Boise we went. It was a short trip but we loved being able to hang out with them and their two littles.

We went to the old state penitentiary. It was pretty cool. B and I have been to Alcatraz so this seemed a little less exciting but it was still pretty cool. 

The offspring liked it. I do feel like once you saw one buildings of cells, you'd seen them all. However, in the different buildings, there were different signs of inmates that had been there. There was an 11 year old that was in jail for a few years. I don't remember why but he was there and they had his picture. I thought some of the stuff was really interesting.

I just really like this picture. I wish I had something funny to say that goes along with B sitting there, but I don't. I think that if I were a guard at a prison, I don't know if I would sit outside with the inmates. I think I would be too nervous that there would be a surprise attack on me.

This is a replica of what the inmates called the cage. It was 4x4x4. Inmates would sometimes spend days in this in the basement of a building. They would be put in here for ghastly offenses like, swearing. Crazy right?!

We went swimming and then we got pizza. I know pizza sounds like a normal activity. However, this pizza was the biggest pizza we had ever seen in our lives!

That bottom box in the large. Maybe they called it the giant, I don't remember. All I know is that it was huge!

Look at that! That's crazy. We had to go home the next day, so it was really short, but we loved seeing BJ and S and their kiddos. We are so thankful that they would meet us half was and that they had time to hang out with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting