Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yeah he's cute, but...

Sometimes all I can do is stare at K and shake my head. A few months ago he looked at me and said with a huge smile on his face, "Mommy, your belly is fat like a wolf that just ate two pigs!" Thank you K. That makes a large prego woman feel so good about herself! Oh the brutal honesty of children! So, he doesn't get that you can just say that something has a hook on it. He calls all hooks a hooker. For example, Captain Hook has a hooker, Mater has a hooker, and it sounds so funny when he says, "Ya know how Captain Hook has a hooker?..." I just haven't corrected him yet. Anyway, last night during Family Home Evening we were talking about how we chose to follow Heavenly Father and Jesus in Heaven and doing so made it so we could come to earth and get a body. He got a really puzzled look on his face and said,"but, when I was in your tummy and there was that hooker thing that hooked me to you. When I came out of your tummy and daddy cut it, what day was that?" I told him the date and his whole face lit up. He got all excited and said,"Hey! That's the same day as my birthday!" All I could say is,"Yep, isn't that cool?!" One more though on this crazy kid. We were singing that sacrament song on Sunday. He was sitting right next to me. He stood up so he could get right next to my ear and whispered,"When the baby is born I want to pick it up by it's feet." Then he sat down and continued to sing his version of the song. Needless to say it was a little bit hard for me to concentrate after that. All I could think about was this tiny baby being picked up by it's feet while K laughs. B and I talked about the safety of this baby while being around K. We already knew that K and baby could never be left alone. We talked about how bad things could happen. Hearing K say he wants to pick the baby up by it's feet just sealed the deal. They will never be left alone! We love him and wouldn't change him, but sometimes all you can do is shake your head!  Sorry no picture. I tried, but it wouldn't work. Just imagine a picture of a cute kid with glasses that looks innocent, but is far, far from it!

1 comment:

  1. Ok.....honestly?!?! C.R.Y.I.N.G. Your blog is seriously so funny! I really need to get on here when I'm having a crappy day because your posts are hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Voting