Saturday, February 2, 2013

He has been taught!

The last little while when K rode his bike, the training wheels have been mostly in the air. B was gone most of the month at a hospital that's three hours away. Thankfully he finished that rotation and got to come home! I've been telling K that when daddy gets home, maybe he can take the training wheels off of K's bike and teach him how to ride it without them. Since the training wheels were mostly up in the air anyway, K basically taught himself how to ride. He was able to get the balance down with the wheels on. Since that's the hardest part, when B took the training wheels off this morning, K took off!


It was so awesome to watch him do it without falling even once! M was most concerned that he didn't want to wear knee pads. She did try to hold him down and force him to wear them, but he was able to get away from her!
Since he had it down so fast, he and B were able to go on a bike ride. M had her heart set on going swimming, so she wouldn't go on a bike ride. I totally love this picture! I'm so proud of him that he was able to do it and that he seems to love it. They went around the entire circle of our neighborhood which is just over a mile. When they got home he came running in and told me that he did it all by himself and didn't fall even once! It was awesome to see him so proud of himself. I'm so excited to be able to go on a family bike ride in about 7 weeks! The thought of getting on a bike in my current huge state almost makes me cry, so we'll wait 7 weeks. Good job K, you're totally rad!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Way to go Kyler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love bike riding! Hopefully we can get a baby carrier before summer so we can go as a family too! Have I mentioned that I'm real jealous that you could go any time year-round? Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete

Voting