Saturday, February 2, 2013

We know they're jealous!

Let me just start by saying that our car is truly breath taking! We know that as we drive down the street, we turn heads. The head turns may or may not be a good thing. I think that our car is truly amazing! The fact that it still runs is an answer to prayer and a modern day miracle. I bought the car while B was on his mission 12 years ago. When we first got out here we noticed that it made an awful sound. We took it to the car fix it place and the car fix it guy said that sometimes a Toyota Corolla's engine will burn the oil. He told us that we would just need to add oil about every other time we got gasoline. Because it Burns oil, there is a beautiful black spot right above our exhaust pipe that doesn't clean off no matter how hard you scrub it. For a while we did only have to add oil twice a month. It has now gone up to adding two quarts a week. If we forget to add it, you can hear an awful sound. It makes me feel so bad for our sweet little car. As of a week ago, both blinkers stopped working. Well, that's not totally true. The blinker's will work if you hold it on or if you move the switch up and down manually so the light will blink. One day I went to get out of the car and the handle fell apart in my hand. The spring came shooting out and almost got in me the face. Thankfully I have cat like reflexes and got out of the way just in time! It has started to leak some kind of fluid. One's not sure what drips out the bottom of the car, but thankfully the cardboard that sits on the garage floor soaks it up quite nicely. I've locked the keys in the car so many times here and tried to get them out myself, so the door frames are bent. The passenger side window doesn't roll up all the way either. So, with the bent door frames and the window not rolling up all the way, when we drive on the freeway it's safe to say that it's pretty loud. Not to mention it's like a roller coaster ride because when you get to about 60 MPH, it starts to shake and doesn't stop. It's like a thrill ride! Since our car is such a luxury car I wanted to show pictures and tell the prices of other cars that we see driving around these here parts.
Let's start with a Rolls Royce. This is a pretty sweet ride. The back doors open towards the front of the car. I think it's ugly, but it probably rides pretty nice. This lovely little number starts with the small price tag of $470,000.
Next we have a Lamborghini. Whenever K sees one of these all he can do is smile and stare. He loves that it looks fast and wishes that daddy could drive this. This one is way cheaper than the Rolls Royce. This one only costs $250,000.
Let's not forget the Ferrari's that cruise around. This car makes my heart beat faster. I truly love this car! If it didn't cost $225,000, then I might even try to talk B in to buying me one. Although I must say that I like the red one that lives here more than the grey one that we see driving around.
This here is a Bentley. I will admit that the top three cars are still pretty rare to see. But, Bentley's on the other hand are pretty common. Of course we have one and just haven't told anyone. Thankfully it only cost us $184,000!
The first time I saw a Maserati I was pulling out of the gas station. All I can say is that I'm so thankful that I didn't rear end this thing! I'm sure the driver wouldn't have minded being hit by our oil leaking, no blinker's working, bent door frames, window not rolling up all the way, violent shaking at high speed car. But I'm so thankful that we didn't hit this $140,000 car. That is more money than B and I paid for the condo we bought in Utah. Crazy!
There are everyday cars here too. I mean it's not like everyone drives a Bentley or a Maserati. Here are some even more common cars.
First there's a Mercedes Benz. I used to think these were rare. Living here has changed that. This one comes with a more do-able price tag. It only costs $60,000. Compared to the cost of a Maserati, this one is way more practical!
Next we have an Audi. We did see a few of these is Utah before we moved. But when we saw one we assumed that the driver was one of the richest people in the country. Here, seeing one of these is like seeing a red light. It's totally normal. Good thing this only costs $58,500
This isn't a very good picture of this car. This is a BMW 328i. This is the car I used to dream about. Then I found out that they cost a lot to fix, so I decided that's a bummer especially since the owner had to pay $46,000 in the first place. This one is even more common than an Audi. Seeing this car is like hearing birds sing. It happens several times a day. 

Now I would put a picture of our car on here, but I don't want anyone to feel so jealous that they do something they regret. I will say that as we drive down the freeway and a Maserati is next to us I think, side swipe us! Just be careful so that no one gets hurt. But if you side swipe us, you can just pay us the cash value of our car. I'm sure that the driver of a Maserati carries that much cash anyway, so they could just total out our car and then maybe we could upgrade to something more obtainable like a Rolls Royce!

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that sometimes your car makes me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am wiping tears away from laughing so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete

Voting