Saturday, February 2, 2013

love it!

M has always L.O.V.E.D. her baby. She got her baby for her second birthday and has loved her like a real baby since that day. Her name was Cheryl, but as M got older her baby's name would change to whatever new baby girl was born in our extended family. So, she's been Leah, Natalie, Brylee and Kylie. Anyway, her baby goes with us on any vacation. M usually just carries her, but sometimes we put her in M's suitcase and zip the zipper up until all that sticks out is Leah's head. More than one person has stopped us asking if that was a real baby. One lady in an airport stopped us and told us that when she walked by at first and saw the baby zipped up to it's neck, she was tempted to call DCFS on us. But then she realized that it was a doll. If M is holding her by her feet people look at us really weird because she looks real. Anyway, as of late, M has been really in to carrying Leah around in a Moby wrap or the baby backpack carrier thing that we have for the real baby. My mom is an amazing seamstress. If she has a picture to look at, she can make whatever is in the picture. Well, M had a birthday a little while ago. We tried to find her a doll backpack carrier thing to give her for her birthday. We couldn't find one, so I looked online. I saw a picture of one that looked pretty cool. I called my mom and asked her how hard it would be for her to make it for M's birthday. Keep in mind I asked her about a week and a half before said birthday. My mom said that it looked really easy and that's what she and grandpa would give M for her birthday. To say that M loves this little carrier would be a gross understatement. One night before I went to bed, I went to check on them and this is what I found.
She had gone to sleep with Leah in the carrier. She was still wearing it when she woke up the next morning. I love that she loves her baby so much. I also love that my mom can make anything. Just looking at the picture online stressed me out, so thank heavens for talented mom's!

1 comment:

Voting