Thursday, September 26, 2013

Home sweet home

It has been brought to my attention that some of the good folk that look at this here blog would like to see what our humble abode looks like. So, come on in!

This was taken standing at our front door. Just to clear up any confusion, we don't worship BYU football, it just means a whole lot to a member of our family who shall remain nameless for his own protection. :)

                                               

This here is what we like to use as a second hallway. It's just to the left of the stairs. I imagine that it's actual use is a formal dining room. But as we all know we may be the least formal people on the planet! Not to mention the light hangs low enough that M can reach her hand in the bottom bowl part if she's on her tip toes. I know that it looks like it is hanging at a normal height, but let me assure you my dear friends, that is not the case. Now you might be saying, just raise it! But, we are not electricians around these parts! We don't have any idea how to  do that. We, and when I say we I totally mean B, tried to bend the chain link things with pliers, but that proved fruitless, so there it hangs at it's death diffing height of just over four feet. That's not even high enough to put a table under. The light would hang into the food. We don't even need to mention the white carpet. Three kids eating with white carpet below them does not sound great!

 


  If you were to go to the right when you walked into our house you would come face to face with the living room. It's pretty awesome because it has two steps that go down into it. We are real excited to use the fireplace! The only bummer so far with the fireplace is that the vent thing is like a metal box with a screen. That would be fine, but the screen has really big holes. Like big enough that one could stick their finger in it. So, bugs and nasty spiders use the vent as a pet door and crawl through it, into the fireplace and into our living room. Since the vent is located outside, we get all kinds of crawly things in here. Last night there was a cricket that had made the brave trek in from the vent. I got the spider spray and as I tried to spray it, it started jumping! I had to do some serious high knees really fast so that it didn't get me! I was laughing and grossed out at the same time! I just pictured this cricket landing on me and then having me and the cricket freak out as we were trying to free ourselves from this foreign body that was on us! Just thinking about it being on me gives me full body chills!

 

If you look to the left whilst standing in front of the living room, you would see the kitchen. You can also access the kitchen through the formal dining room. It's kind of exciting because every time you come to the bottom of the stairs and need to go into the kitchen; deciding how to get there is like one of those alternate ending books! You get to pick which way you want to go! Anyway this is the kitchen with an unusually high counter. I can't really see over it if I'm standing at the sink. I can see the floor of the toy room, but only about half way into it. Why does there need to be such a high counter? Both M and K can swing from it. not that they should, but they do it anyway. 


This room is a total mystery to me. I have no idea why it's in the house. This is the room across from the kitchen. We don't really go into it except to get books from the bookshelf. But, we don't stay in there to read. Things that make ya go hmm!


If one was to stand at the sink in the kitchen, this is the room you look at. We use it as the computer/toy room. This is why the other room is a mystery to me. Why do you need three living room type rooms? Oh that's right, you don't. If you walked through this room and turned to the right, you could go down the two steps into our living room. That folks is the grand tour! We really like it. We like that it's not connected to another human dwelling. We really really like that all the bedrooms are upstairs and that the kiddos have their own bedrooms. The downsides? The white carpet which we totally totally hate, and the white tile which we also totally hate. But, oh well. When we build our mansion in heaven we'll know not to have white anything and there won't be three living rooms or a fireplace with a vent big enough that crawly things can come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting