Thursday, September 12, 2013

Some things are worth the price

There are some things that are well worth their price. Let me name just a few that I am not willing to budge on. Running shoes. You can't go and get any brand of running shoe. There are brands that shouldn't even make running shoes. Like, Nike, Reebok and Adidas. I am sure that these companies make wonderful products, just not running shoes. Item number two, chocolate. I use to really like Hershey's. Then I met Lindt and Hershey's no longer stood a chance. Let's not leave out Cadbury eggs. There's no substitution for these heavenly inspired treats. We can't forget Glide floss. I know that it's over $3 a box, but it is indeed worth every penny. The way it glides in between my teeth makes me almost gitty! I know that you can get floss for a lot cheaper, but we are floss nazis around here. We start flossing our children's teeth as soon as the cute little teeth are in their mouths. No, that's not an exaggeration. So, we need really good floss. Glide is the only way to go. Rounding out our list is Harper's Homemade bread. I have only been able to find this wonderful bread in Utah and Idaho. Leave it to the Mormon's to know how to make bread. B says that Grandma Sycamore's is better, but I do not concur. If you can't have homemade bread from your own oven, Harper's Homemade is truly the only way to go. They have bran bread that I imagine the angels help make. Yes, it's that good.
Now, at the risk of sounding like a total snot, let me mention some things I don't mind finding for a lower price. Children's clothing. I love finding a good second hand children's clothing store. The one in Florida, what's it called? One Special Child or something like that, I didn't totally love. I felt like their prices were too high for used clothing. I have found one here that I totally love! We found pants for the baby for a dollar! They had bags of toys for $2.50. Bags of toys! Not just one or two toys, but bags of them! I love getting used toys because then when the offspring decide they don't like the toy that they had been begging for for months, I don't care if they don't play with it. I love a good clearance rack. Target has awesome clearance. When I see their red signs that say clearance, I have to go look. It's almost like an addiction and I should probably get some professional help. Toothbrushes. I love going to the dollar store and getting a pack of five toothbrushes for a dollar. I haven't had a cavity since seventh grade so I'm guessing the the name on the end of the toothbrush doesn't really matter. The dollar store in and of itself is pretty awesome! You can get children's fluoride rinse there. That's a steal because at Target it's like three or four bucks for the same thing. There is one more thing that I don't mind buying used or at a discounted rate. I didn't say cheap here, just used or on sale, and that would be a car. Now I know that we got our car in March. But when we were in Utah my sister asked why I hadn't done a post about our car. I told her that I felt weird. What was I suppose to do? Put a picture of it on here and say,"Look at our awesome, amazing car we just got that we love so much that sometimes we just open the garage door and stare at it."? She told me yes, so here's a picture of our car that we love and sometimes we open the garage door just to stare at it. No, I'm not making that up, we really do. When you upgrade from a clown car that burns oil, shakes violently at high speeds, has windows that don't close all the way, two blinkers that don't work and an A.C that blows hot air, anything would be amazing. But this car takes the cake.


Isn't she lovely?! Just looking at these pictures almost has me shedding tears of joy. Tears. Of. Joy! I am a snot in the matter of transportation. I absolutely refuse to drive a mini van. I know that they get better gas mileage. I know that they have more trunk space and are great for families. Blah blah blah. I know, but I LOVE our Acadia. We know that there's no trunk. Truly there's not a whole lot of space back there. When we go to the grocery store we usually have to put the back seat down to fit the bags, and we don't buy a whole ton of food. We also know that the gas mileage isn't that of a mini van. But oh what joy feels our hearts when we load the kids in and go for a ride. When I drove from Florida to here, the ride was so wonderful! There was no violent shaking. The windows went all the way up. The children were not sitting on top of each other. They were able to plug in their headphones and watch a movie and I didn't have to listen to it. We (my parents and B's mom rode with me and two of the three children while B drove the moving van with K) could have a conversation and didn't have to shout over the sound of the road. The A.C blew cold air and guess what? When we came to a stop sign and flipped the blinker, it came on! It even made the little clicky sound that blinkers make.

I truly love it so much that when B is driving I hope and pray that we can go in front of a building that has a lot of windows so I can see our reflection and say,"sweet ride!" B took this to Virginia when he went to the football game a couple of weeks ago. So we got to drive our white car for a couple days. Everytime we got in it both M and K would say," I hate this car! I am so squished in here! Holy cow it's so hot in here!" All of these comments made us even more happy that we have a bigger car and that it isn't a mini van!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh wow, I am so glad you posted this! I am the same way about mini vans and Andrew always give me a hard time. I should have known we would feel the same about something like that. We are getting a new car this week- yeah our car sounds like your old one. I am so glad you guys are enjoying your new car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I feel the same for sure! And I do have to say...it is a pretty sweet ride! Miss you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new car! I can't believe how fast your little one is already growing. :(

    ReplyDelete

Voting