Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Here comes trouble!

I totally love when little ones become mobile. I love to watch as their little bums move side to side as they crawl around. Living in this here house has introduced new challenges. Stairs. With our other two kids we lived in either an apartment with no stairs or our condo that didn't have stairs either. So, this is a whole new ball game! Of course little B loves the stairs. Thankfully, he mostly just hangs out in our sunken living room where he has totally mastered the going up of the two steps. It's the coming down that gets him every time. I wish I could say that he's never taken a head dive to the bottom of the stairs, but folks, that just wouldn't be true. Just know that it has happened enough that when he did it yesterday, there were little to no tears shed. He loves to make it up the two stairs and crawl as fast as he can to the shoe cubby and pull out the shoes so that he can suck on them. The other day he made it over there while I was making dinner. I usually hear him pulling the shoes out, but this time I didn't hear anything. If he's not pulling the shoes out and inserting them into his mouth, nasty I know, then he is playing with the door stop things. I didn't hear those either, so I went to investigate.

No wonder I didn't hear him pulling shoes out or playing with the door stop thing. He has realized there are bigger and better stairs!


He was so pleased with himself! He has only tried the big stairs this one time, but let's fast forward a little bit and what do we find?


That we fit so nicely in the cupboard, especially if we pull the cans out first. He was so happy to pull out whatever was blocking his way and then climb on in. There's a shelf in there and he loved beating on it. I love when babies climb in things, it truly does make my heart so happy!



1 comment:

Voting