Monday, October 27, 2014

Pumpkins

It's that time of year again. When we make our ghosts out of suckers and color our pumpkins. I wish that I had remembered to take pictures of us making our ghosts, but I forgot. Let's just blame it on me being so focused on the task at hand that it just slipped my mind. Just imagine in your mind little Tootsie sucker ghosts hanging from the kitchen light. The ghost's have been colored with marker so now they have faces and some have hair and clothes on. They are pretty awesome and I love that we make them every year. Once our ghosts are done and hung the next week calls for pumpkin coloring. I love that we don't carve our pumpkins. Carving them not only stinks so bad that it makes me throw up a little in my mouth, but cleaning out the guts is truly disgusting. I don't like having long nails so I try to keep mine short at all times and it seems like no matter how short my nails are, if I am cleaning the guts out of a pumpkin, the slimy nastyness gets under my nails. Yuck! Even thinking about that happening gives me full body chills. Coloring a pumpkin is the way to go at our house! We in no way profess to be artist's around these parts, well, at least four out of the five of us don't profess to be artist's. There is however one among us that finishes long after the rest of us are done because their pumpkin is good enough that it could win us some money if it were entered into a pumpkin coloring contest.
Here is the master pumpkin color-er at work!
To say that mine pales in comparison is a huge understatement. I was happy and excited to draw a ghost and put glittery paint on it! I love glitter, it's so sparkly!
They just love to color with Sharpie's. K did a volcano with red hot lave running down the cracks of the pumpkin and M colored a jack-o-lantern on the front of hers. Maybe one of these years she'll actually carve hers out. Not gonna lie, it'll have to wait until she's old enough to do it 100% all by herself! 
He lasted about thirty seconds and then he wanted to get down and play with cars. 
Yay for all the pumpkins being done! Don't panic, B loved his pumpkin so much that we took a close up of it. 
Pretty awesome right?! He's an inspiration to us all!

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how gorgeous your hike was, the leaves looked awesome in your picture so real life must have been amazing! I'm with you, I HATE being cold and camping. But how fun you guys got to go and way to be to all the kiddos!

    LOVE the pumpkin B!!! We are carving tonight, don't judge, it's the only night we've had available for a long time! Great job everyone on your awesome drawing skills!

    Little B, I shouldn't have laughed at your terrible experience with nursery. If your mom wasn't so dang funny in her writing I would have been very sad for you! Good luck with this current crisis, Teren says he'll take your place,he'd rather be in nursery than in his "boring" class any day. Cousins, they'll do anything for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Bri!! We've pretty successfully ignored Halloween thus far. I look at you for all the things we just might do if/when we ever have kids though :)

    ReplyDelete

Voting