Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Visitor's from the east-ish

My parents came for a visit. I would have said that we had more visitor's from the west since they live in Utah and I'm no geography whiz but I'm pretty sure Utah is considered the west. However, they have been staying at my brother's house in DC for a while to help with child care whilst he and his wife are doing classes at the same time or something like that. Clearly, the details that I have are a little vague. All I know is that one night it was 11:00 here and I thought it was safe to call my parents because in Utah it was only 9:00. I woke my mom up because they were already in DC helping with A's kids. That was in September I think, so they've taken up semi-permanent residency out here in the east. That's why we had visitor's from the
east-ish. Not that you needed to know, noticed or even care why I titled this here post that. They came, they slept (twice) and then they were gone again. It was a short visit, but our offspring loved having grandma and grandpa K come. We got them from the airport early Saturday afternoon. We went and tried out a different children's museum. I don't know who liked it better, the kids or me. It was really awesome! Not to mention K only got lost once, so that's amazing! (He went on the elevator, the doors closed before the rest of us could get on. M and I ran down the stairs to try to beat him there. The elevator came, the doors opened and there was no K. We ran to another elevator, still no K. We ran up a different set of stairs, no K. Finally we saw B waving at us. K has stayed on the elevator. Some mom's got on and rode with him until he got back to the floor where B was waiting for him. That kid and getting lost are going to send me to an early grave!)

There was a 3D movie about penguins that people thought looked interesting. I knew how long little B would last, about ten seconds. So I took one for the team and stayed out with him while everyone else went in. We went exploring while they were gone. We found this really cool fish tank with no one around. He loved to stand on the steps and watch all the fish. There was one in there that looked like tie-dyed cotton candy. He loved that one and the bright yellow one. The fish were so active that he didn't have time to finish saying "Whoa! What's that?" Before the fish he was originally talking about was long gone and another one or five were whizzing past. We saw other tanks with sea horses, jelly fish and these nasty worm things that would poke their heads out of the sand and then slide back down into the hole where they came from. I hate worms and I hate holes so to see a worm in a hole gives me full body chills. Little B thought the worms were hysterical and laughed and laughed at them. He also loves minion's and when we found out that there's going to be a movie on just the Minion's that comes out next summer; we watched the trailer and little B laughed really hard at it. I digress, the tanks full of sea life were really cool.

Once the movie ended we went upstairs and found some really cool things! The tube blows air, so you drop the ball and it floats. The tube moves and so you can move the ball in the stream of air. We spent a lot of time there. We all had fun with this one!
There was a bed of nails. Once grandpa figured out that you have to push and hold the red button, he was in business. It's so cool to lay on one of these things! It doesn't hurt, it's just awesome! Grandpa is nice and would have let every kid in the museum go in front of him, but enough's enough and we told the little kid in blue and orange that "grandpa's next." No, he's no relation to us but my dad is old enough that when we say,"grandpa's next" everyone knows who we're talking about. True story.
We were waiting while M was pulling a ball back really far and letting it go so it would launch a tennis ball into the air. The tennis ball would then fly sky high trying to hit the red target. She's amazing and hit the target over and over again. He must have gotten tired of waiting for her because he laid down on the floor to wait for her to finish. People walked by and laughed at him. Truthfully he was only down there for about 15 seconds, it was funny while it lasted!
There were the cool lift yourself up using your own body weight chairs. All that tried these chairs really liked them. I tried to get pictures of everyone at the top, but they were too fast, our camera is too slow and there were people waiting so no do overs. At least I got pictures of them on the chairs, that counts for something right?

This was taken on Monday before M and K had to go to school. I had thought that mom and dad were staying until Monday evening. I was wrong, they were leaving early afternoon. It was a short visit, but it was fun and now when little B walks under the picture we have of the grandparents on our wall he wants me to pick him up so he can point to grandma and grandpa K. He rattles on about something but he has a smile on his face the whole time, so he must have had a great time while they were here! M and K thought they were funny especially when grandma came downstairs and asked if anyone had seen grandpa's teeth, he took them out and couldn't find them. They about died laughing. Good times! Thankfully he found them and popped them back in his mouth. Grandpa's are so funny! They and his teeth are welcome back any time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting