Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Welcome home!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I finally took pictures of our house! Can I get a high five please?! Before I put on any pictures I just need to say, no judgement. The house is pretty awesome for being bought sight unseen. There is a lot of potential in this here house. Just keep that in mind. :)

I had to stand across the street so that I would be sure to get the BYU flag. B almost wept with joy when he learned that there was a flag pole. Flying his BYU flag was one of the first things he did. Let's talk about the house now. I personally hate the yard. Both front and back. I would love to rip out the curbing and rocks and add more grass. How about adding a tree? I think that sounds like a genius idea! The spider bushes aren't super great either. Someday we will be able to fix the lawn so it looks a million times better. Moving on.


When you walk in, you either have to go up or down. Let's go up, shall we?

This is the wall that we want to take out. We finally got someone to come look at it. Well, we actually had three different people come look at it. The first two gave us a very confident,"I don't think it's load bearing." We were a little uneasy about having either of them take it out. Taking a wall out when someone "doesn't think it's load bearing" is risky to say the least. We didn't want to take it out and then have the roof cave in.We wanted a very firm, "no, it's not load bearing." The third guy we had come told us that it wasn't load bearing, but he couldn't do the work. So, we still have a non load bearing wall that we can't seem to get rid of. We know that we could take it out ourselves. I told B that I watch HGTV so I totally know how to do something like wall removal. If it weren't for the electrical things that are in the wall, we probably would take it out ourselves. Alas, B already got shocked by a wire in the wall once and says he would be fine not reliving that experience. Shocked isn't the right word. It's more like he drilled into the wire and it exploded in his face. True story. Anyway, we are patiently waiting to find someone that can come do it for us.

Here is the living room. You might be thinking,"my word it seems dark in there!" You would be exactly right. There are no lights in the ceiling. LAME! There's a guy in our ward that says that adding can lights is super easy. He explained it to us and we even watched a couple YouTube videos on how to do it. We almost committed to doing it when B had a flash back of his past electrical experience and may or may not have woken up screaming and sweating saying he didn't want to add the lights himself. So, we'll call in someone to do that for us too.:)


Here's the kitchen. It looks kind of like a kitchen. Out the sliding glass door, there's a deck and that's been pretty cool to go out and eat dinner on. There were really bad fires around these parts this summer, so we didn't get to go out there as much as we would have liked to.  I didn't realize what an eye sore the garbage can is until I saw this picture. Time to figure out a new spot for that!

Upstairs there are two bedrooms. Ours and

This one. At first we had this as little B's room, but there was no where to put the toys. We moved him down with K and made this the toy room. That about wraps up the upstairs. There is a bathroom, but we all know what that looks like, so I didn't take a picture.
This here is the family room down stairs. We would love to take out the wet bar and have a really nice great room down here. I know the valance's are truly terrible, but I'm too lazy to take them down and since I spend most of my day upstairs, I honestly forget about them.

Here's the view from the wet bar.  Wouldn't it be so awesome to be running on a treadmill and have this view?! That's what think too. B thinks it would be awesome to be playing ping pong and have this view. We'll see what happens. 


This here is the boy's room. Yes that is little B sleeping. I took the pictures during his nap. We really like that the room is big enough that the young fellows can share. 

This one is M's room. We love that her room is big enough that she can use the bed that my amazing older brother made. 

That's it. I know that it's not amazing, but we like it. We'll like it even better when we can take out the wall, redo the flooring and the yard. But, we are happy with it and are excited about the potential that it has. Now all we need is for people to come visit us! Come up is masses or one at a time, we aren't picky. We love you, we love company, we love you as company! Come one come all, we're excited to see you!


2 comments:

  1. Cute house! I love the outside and I didn't even notice the yard but if you ask Kevin I don't notice most things :-). I'm excited for when we get a chance to come visit. Someday. ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the before pictures and had my concerns.... But, as always everything you touch is beautiful and it looks pretty amazing to me! I can't wait to see the changes too! Miss you.... Like very single day.

    ReplyDelete

Voting