Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Time fly's or is it flies or is that the little bug?

Really? It's been like a month and a half since I put anything on here? That's not great. Remember when B was in school and I used to update this here blog like once a week? In my defense, I just don't feel like a whole lot is going on. Not to mention we had to get a new computer and this one is super duper annoying to put pictures on. I know, I know, excuses are like noses, we all have them and they all smell. The past is the past and it's time to move on right? I just got off the phone with my ever charming younger brother and he told me that he and his lovely are moving to Florida come heck or high water next October. When I first heard the news a while ago I tried to warn him. It's hot. All. Of. The. Time. Not to mention it smells like a swamp. It's a fun place to visit, but miserable to live. I guess if one loves the heat and humidity and the heat and sweating all over all the time and the heat, then Florida is the place for you. I will say that the reflectors on the road are always nice because it never gets cold so they always look brand new. I guess that's something. Anyway, I didn't get on here to talk about him and his life plans, it's just on my mind and I tend to say what's on my mind. Let's see here, Halloween was fun. Here are a couple pictures just for the sake of record keeping.

OK, clearly this isn't a Halloween picture, but the sunrise was so beautiful one morning that I had to take a picture. If only it was as beautiful in the picture as it had been in real life, I would win a photo contest, I'm sure of it! I digress, Halloween pictures ASAP!

Again, not a Halloween picture, but pumpkins and Halloween are like a bulimic person and a toilet, they go hand in hand. Not to mention, I was so happy with my with pumpkin that I had to document that it was AWE-some! My witch masterpiece took two days, what with all the paint drying, hair gluing and face decorating. It was well worth the wait. We were told by a neighbor that pumpkins get smashed a lot around here. I was worried about our pumpkins being turned into smashed pumpkin surprise, but I'm pretty sure that when the pumpkin smashing hoodlums came around and saw our amazing pumpkins,(especially the witch), they turned to another house to get their pumpkin smashing fix.  Can I just ask why someone would do that? Why would you smash anything that didn't belong to you, but smashing pumpkins seems especially heinous. If someone is going to go through the effort of getting a pumpkin, carving it or painting it or coloring it or leaving it like they just cut it off the vein and put it on their porch, then why would you ruin it? I don't get it. Anyway, that's it really. For real this time, without any further adieu,  

Here it is! M was an Eskimo, K was a cop and little B was a spider. We went down to Boise to spend Halloween with our amazing friends, the S clan. We loved every minute and I even laughed when we got pulled over. It presented a perfect opportunity to teach the offspring a quick lesson. Don't go 70 in a 55 and pass a cop. Chances of getting a speeding ticket are pretty high. Darn it!


 They made out like bandits! Yes you read correctly,  16.1 pounds of candy. In years past the parent tax has been high, but this year due to inflation the parent tax was increased. Instead of taking some of the Reese's, we took them all. (When I say we took them all I mean that we took them and put them in a freezer bag and put them in said freezer because as we all know, Reese's are a million times better frozen. Anyone is welcome to eat them, they just forget about them.) 

We know we're late in saying it, but we hope that you all had a most excellent Halloween and that those of us parents were able to get the parent tax we deserve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting