Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Monster truck madness!

Before I launch into Monster trucks, can I just talk about an injustice of life? Why do I have a huge zit on my face?! I don't get it. I was told when I was a younger lass that zits were a phase and I would grow out of them. Much like the phases of being scared of the dark and wetting my pants. Although, now that I think about it, I haven't grown out of either of those phases either! At least with wetting my pants it's usually only when I cough or sneeze or laugh too hard or run or jump or try to hold my abs in whilst working out. I digress,  When is this awful phase every going to end? The mammoth zit on my face isn't too bad in the dark, but once the lights are on or the sun is up, there is it staring back at me in the mirror. It wouldn't be so bad if the stupid thing would pop and then go away. Instead, it won't pop and even though I know that, I still continue to play with it so then it grows in size. We don't even need to talk about the humiliation that follows after picking at it and it's all swollen and looks like I got punched in the face. It's truly awful and I just don't think it's right or fair. That's all really. Now onto the main event! We found out that there was going to be a Monster Truck show in Spokane. Spokane is about two hours away from us and if you ask K and little B, well worth the drive if we're going to see Monster Trucks!


 Maybe it's because there are two little boy's in this house that love monster trucks. Maybe it's because we have read our monster truck book about two million times or maybe it's just because it's the way it is. Monster trucks are so cool! We thought that we would be in an arena chuck full of little kids, mostly little boys. How wrong we were. There are some die hard monster truck fans that are very well into adulthood. To see full grown men hoopin' and a hollerin' for their favorite truck was pretty wild. There were a lot of little boys but there was a whole heap of people there with no kids at all.


 It. Was. So. Loud! We knew that it would be and we brought ear plugs, but even with ear plugs it was so loud it hurt your ears. Little B had his ear plugs in and he wouldn't let me move my hands away from his ears. If I tried to clap he would grab my hands and say,"no mommy." Then he would put my hands back over his ears.


How sweet is that?! It was crazy to see them jump so high. Before we went, Grave Digger was K's favorite monster truck. But, Grave Digger didn't bring his  A-game to the arena. There are competition's that the trucks have. Grave Digger wasn't doing so hot. Monster Energy won almost every time. It didn't take too long before K leaned over to me and told me that he doesn't really like Grave Digger any more, that Monster energy is now his favorite. Talk about a fair weather fan!


We thought for sure that Scooby Doo was going to flip over, but she didn't. I know Scooby Doo is a boy, but the driver of this here Scooby Doo monster truck is indeed a lady. We were hopeful that she would do really well and she did, just not as well as Monster energy.


One of the competition's that they had was to see how high they could get doing a wheelie. We learned that the drivers have to go to Monster Jam University to learn how to do all the crazy things they do. I didn't think that they just set them loose and told them to have fun, but I didn't realize it was so training intensive. 


The car smashing was so awesome! Scooby Doo went over the cars and then she reversed and smashed them again going backwards. K loves that you can see the tire tracks on the top of the orange car. 


"OOOHHHHH!"


Zombie was trying to do a wheelie, and fell backwards. We thought that Zombie was kind of freaky and didn't like that when he drove around, the arms on the truck would go up and down in true zombie fashion. 


We know that it's not a great picture of little B, but it's the best we could do.  We had such a blast and both little B and K are already making big plans to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting