Thursday, February 23, 2017

Nothing to report

I think about this here blog a lot. I say to myself, "self, you should update the blog." Then I remember that I don't have anything to report. My life is pretty dull and I'm lazy; so lazy that the thought of updating the blog seems like too much work; so I just keep reading my book. Ah, books! How I love them! I don't remember when I started to like to read. I do know that I wouldn't admit to liking it because it was such a nerdy thing to do. Not that I was cool, far from it actually so I don't know really why I didn't just own it. But, my childish ways are behind me and I can say out loud that I do in fact love to read. The perk of having an infant that needs to eat pretty often is that I get to read during the day, guilt free because I read whilst I feel her. I just finished the Lunar Chronicles that my niece, J, recommended to me. Oh. My. Word! They were so so good. They sucked me in and I would be lying if I said that there wasn't a feeding session or two or a lot where the poor little baby was just sucking air from her bottle because the milk was gone; for how long only heaven knows. But, I was so drawn into the book that I didn't notice the milk was gone. I told B when I finished them that I have a problem because I feel like I became a part of the books and the characters are my friends so now that the books are over, I miss my new friends. I know, I have problems and should probably seek counseling. But, the characters are so likable, except for the ca-razy queen. She's just plain psychotic. I loved all four books and wish there was more to read. Aaaanyway, let's see here. What is there to talk about?
 This young lass turned 11. 11! How did that happen? The saying that days and weeks are long but the years fly by is so true. She doesn't want dolls and dress-ups anymore. Now she wants makeup and hair chalk. She wants to be with her friends as often as she can and when they aren't together, she wants to be on the phone with them. I love to watch her grow up but, at the same time it makes my heart so sad. Let's not talk about it, it makes me cry.

This little lady is six weeks old. B doesn't love this picture, but I love that she's awake and just hanging out. A lady in our ward is trying to teach herself how to take pictures of babies and wanted to practice with her. She didn't want any money, just to use our baby. I thought it was a great trade off. Truthfully we got the better end of the deal. We got to keep the pictures and the baby. She's still tiny. She's still in newborn diapers and clothes. 0-3 month size clothes are way too big for her. She smiles a lot, especially when she's sleeping. We all love having her around.
 Here, let me give you some picture proof.

 He was watching her as she slept. When she started to wake up he got all excited and yelled,"She's waking up! I can see her eyes!" 

One day he said,"Oh she's so cute! Her face is so cute! Her eyes are so cute, they are the cutest part of her face."

I had laid her down on her tummy and gone to do dishes or something and when I turned around, they had all gathered around her. It's safe to say that we all love this little one.

What else, what else? Oh! We must have lived here about two years. I'm getting the itch to move. Ever since we left Utah, we've only stayed in one place for two years or a little longer. I saw a picture of New Zealand and toyed with the idea of living over seas. New Zealand looked beautiful and I love the way people talk there. The same week I was thinking of New Zealand I had a group text conversation with my sisters. I. Love. My. Sisters! They are so funny! I love that we can and do talk about everything.We talk about kids and life and weird things that our mom does that we do too. We talk about hiding food from husbands and kids. Which I think is kind of weird, but, if you don't want to share then hide it in an empty tampon box. No one looks in there. We decided that hiding food in ones bra whilst it's on isn't a great hiding spot. We also talk about things I would only talk to a sister about. Nothing too serious, I was still laughing so hard that the other parents at K's basketball practice distanced themselves. After talking with them and laughing so hard I was crying, I threw New Zealand out the window. I need my sisters and I need to live close to them. That's all really. 
I don't have anything else to say. I kind of feel like I'm coming to the end of a phone conversation where neither person has anything else to add and there's that awkward pause because neither of you know how to get off the phone. So, I'm going to hypothetically get off the phone like I do with my siblings. Make it short and sweet and don't give them time to answer when you say,"K, love ya. bye." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting