Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blessing day

 This little lady got blessed a few weeks ago. I love that we live closer to family, however, I hate that we're still far enough away that coming to our house can't be a weekend vacation. The only people that were able to come to her blessing were our mom's. Having them come was awesome but my heart was sad that there were no brothers or brothers-in-law to stand in the circle. Not saying that I want a huge circle, I don't. But I love when family is able to come for any reason really but, especially things like blessings. Annnnyway, the blessing was so so good! Some of the things B told her in her blessing were that she has been blessed with a strong, loving personality, even before she was born and that will continue throughout her life. He also told her that there are loved ones beyond the veil that love her and are cheering her on. He said that as she stays close to the Savior that she will be able to recognize the temptations of Satan and be able to overcome them. I love baby blessings! I think they are so special. As B was finishing the blessing I wondered if my dad was there. Almost as soon as I thought it, I felt him so strongly. B told me later that he felt his dad and his younger brother there too. I love that first of all we have the knowledge that death is not the end, and that even though people  beyond the veil are so busy, they still come around. I am missing my dad a lot today. I love knowing that he came to her blessing and that he is still aware of what is going on in our lives.
We had to take a picture of A with my mom. My mom is so talented and she made her blessing dress. My little sister had a baby in December and my mom made her baby a matching blessing dress. I told her that she should sell them on Etsy. A lady in our ward stopped us to look at the dress and agreed that she should sell them. I love that it's so simple. I am not one for frills and lace and so this dress was perfect. To quote my beautiful sister in law, "I can't believe she was conceived, it's inconceivable!" We concur completely, she is our miracle baby and we all love her and are so thankful that she came to our family.

.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! Our babies are days apart :) her dress is beautiful. You are lucky to have a mom who could do that!

    ReplyDelete

Voting