Thursday, April 27, 2017

Mommy wow, I'm a big kid now!

First of all, what's not to love about this picture?! Little B and his friend, I, are pretty hysterical together. I calls little B his brother and tells his mom that he needs to go see his brother whenever he wants to come play. Today was one of those glorious days that they were able to play together. We were sitting on the living room floor and he asked little B and I if we ever watch Scooby-Doo.  He said that he watches them and really likes them because they're super funny. Little B sat there very thoughtfully for a few seconds and then said,"When I was a kid I watched them too and liked them." Yeah, because he's 40 and not 4. Anyway, we talked for a few more minutes about falling out of trucks at our grandma's houses, landing on our faces and crying because it hurts a lot. They ran off to play and I started cleaning something in the kitchen. As I listened to them play I was thinking about when I was little and my older siblings would have friends over to play. I wanted to play with them too and would follow them around the house. Of course my sister's didn't love me hanging around and I would hear,"Stop following us!" I would often wonder how my mom didn't stop what she was doing and follow them around too. I really thought that she must have had so much self control to just leave them alone. I couldn't imagine not wanting to hang out with my older and much cooler sister's and their friends. I made a BIG discovery today as I stood in the kitchen. I had zero desire to follow these two little fellas around. My mom must not have needed to use any self control. The thought of following M or K and their friends around does not sound fun to me. I am so so happy to report that although I may not have graduated from wearing a training bra yet, I am big enough that following people and their friends around our house doesn't sound as fun as it used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting