Saturday, May 15, 2010

Race for the cure


B and I were able to go run the race for the cure a couple weekends ago. I thought that I would have to do what I like to call a "jogal" A jogal is where I jog/walk. The reason I didn't think that I would be able to run is because I blew out both of my knees right after high school, had surgery and haven't really been able to run since. I had yet another testimony builder that Heavenly Father loves me and answers my prayers. I had been praying that I would be able to run the whole race. We were running it for our mom that has breast cancer, so I wanted to run it for her. We started the race and I started out jogging. I thought that I would have to stop soon, but I was able to run the whole thing! B and I finished the 3.1 mile race in 31 minutes. I know that isn't like we are from Kenya or anything, but I was so thankful that Heavenly Father let me run the whole race without any knee pain! I am so thankful for our health and that we were able to go run in honor of all those who are too sick to run for themselves. We love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting