Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hooray for good deals!

I like to think of myself as a pretty thrifty shopper. I love when I can go into a store ( Old Navy) and find a long sleeved shirt for a killer deal (.97). So you can imagine my joy when I checked the mail the other day and our local JC Penny had sent out another $10 off any purchase of $10 or more. Dear husband was in terrible need of a new Sunday shirt. So yesterday we went to JC Penny and found a Sunday shirt that was originaly $42.50 on sale for $18. Then we found a tie that was originaly $30.00 on sale for $2.97. Yes you read right $2.97 for a tie. We happily took the shirt and tie to the register thinking that we would pay $8 for the shirt(thanks to our $10 off!) and $3 for the tie. Well, the tie actually only rang up for $1.48! I could have leaned over and kissed the clerk, but I decided that would be more than a little awkward. Our total with tax was $10.63, but we saved $62.54! Sweet! Thank you JC Penny for making it so we had enough money left over that husband and I were able to go get a jamba juice!

1 comment:

  1. Jamba?! So not fair. I think the next time you get a jamba you should bring one to me ;-)
    P.S. That is an awesome deal! Way to be a bargain shopper!

    ReplyDelete

Voting