Sunday, March 11, 2012

Seaworld!

So, Sea world has this great deal called a preschool pass. Children ages three to five get a years pass for free. Then an adult ticket will get you back into the park all year. So you pay for one day and get back in all year. Well, we were thinking that that is awesome! We were also thinking that going to Sea world would be a great place to take the kids as we switched off going to the temple. It is really close to the temple, so we can take turns watching the kids at Sea world. We decided that it would be a super plan for the non summer months. We tried it out a couple weekends ago. let me just say, it was awesome! It's already almost too hot, so we may only get to do it one more time before we put those passes away until November, but it was still so fun!
We loved going into the aquarium and seeing all the really pretty colorful tropical fish. I love that we could see them and we didn't have to get in the yucky salt water and snorkel in order to do it!
These sting rays were sweet! There is a tank that goes all around you and so they are swimming all over the place.
I'm not really sure what all the differences are between all of the whales, but they make for some pretty great pictures. This is a Beluga whale. As we watched it go up and down in the water, you could see the blubber shiver up and down it's body. Pretty sick if you ask me!
We loved the whale show! We didn't want to get wet, but we wanted good seats. So we sat in the seventh or eighth row and just prayed that we wouldn't get wet. We're living proof that prayers are answered! The whales splashed the people on both sides of us but missed us! We loved that the trainer made the whale smile.
I hadn't been to Sea world for about seven years. I had forgotten how cool it is. We all loved the whale show and that we walked out as dry as we walked in.
We went to the dolphin show. We thought we would only see dolphins, but there was this whale in with them. We hadn't planned well enough for a whale's splash...
...Oh dear, here's the result of our lack of planning. Poor kid did not like that he had been splashed! Thankfully it was 90 degrees(yes it truly was and it was the third of March. That's not great!)so he dried real quick!
I think it's truly amazing that they can jump so high! I don't know how they train them, but I'm very impressed with the out come.
The dolphin show was my favorite part. I love these animals! I love that we were able to spend some of the day in the temple and then some of the day at Sea world. Hopefully the kiddos won't get too tired of going. We didn't make it to see the sharks and B says that alone is reason enough to go back. I thought this day was totally perfect and I'm excited to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for sea world. That place really is amazing, and the trainers are awesome. That would be a cool job to play while you worked.

    I am happy for your hangnail recovery story. It strengthened my testimony. :) I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love Sea World when we went! Lucky to get to go when you want. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Voting