Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Really?!

So as we all know, Monday was April Fool's day. I am not one to remember things of that nature. My mom was really good at that. We would always have hot dogs for breakfast and then would have breakfast for dinner. The thought of feeding our children hot dogs for breakfast makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Anyway, as I was driving to get M from school the radio was on. All I heard was that the management was apologizing for the April Fool's joke that the DJ's did that morning that got carried too far. Then another DJ came on laughing saying that the morning DJ's are crazy and that their April Fool's joke was just to be,"silly." She then went on the explain what the joke was. They had told all the listeners that there was H2O in the water.... I was waiting for her to get to the offensive part of the joke. But, she didn't. That was the joke. They told people there was H2O in the water and people got offended. What?! They said that a mom called in saying she had just filled her baby's bottle with tap water and wanted to know if anything was going to happen to her baby. People were so offended that on Tuesday morning the DJ's weren't at work because the management was deciding if they could keep their job's due to the April Fool's joke they played. Now, I in no way profess to be smart. I don't claim to know a whole lot. In fact I heard the word skosh for the first time in February and learned that it means a little. So I admit there are things that most people know that I don't, like the word skosh and how to use it. However, if someone told me that there was H2O in the water I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get my undies in a wad. I'm going out on a limb here, but if people are dumb enough to panic when they hear there is H2O in the water, there is no hope for the future of this country! Why, of all the things that are truly offensive, like bad language and body parts not being properly covered, do people get offended over something like H2O in their water. Heaven help this country with such bright people living in it! 

In other news, B's car died. We were really hoping that it would make it all the way through the program. It fought a good fight, but just couldn't last the last 2 1/2 months. We could have fixed it for $1000. But, B hadn't planned on taking it with us when we leave. So he decided not to fix it. When he told me the car had lost it's fight to live, I was fine. I was fine when he put it on Craigslist to sell it. As I read through the long list of things that needed to be fixed, I thought to myself,"Self, that's a long list of things that need to be fixed. I wonder if anyone will buy it." It sold in just over 12 hours and 8 of those hours were during the night. So really, it sold pretty fast. As we went to the parking lot where it had died and took off the license plates and signed over the title, I got a little sad. I told B that it was really sad that his car was no longer with us. As we drove away, I'm not gonna lie, I got a little misty eyed. I feel like a little part of our family has died. I am thankful that it lasted as long as it did and I hope the guy that bought it loves it as much as we did! 

Hopefully she is loved like no other 19 year old car has been loved before!

1 comment:

  1. Ok wow. That is all I have to say about the joke. Brilliant people out there.
    Sorry to hear about your car!! Did you get a new one?

    ReplyDelete

Voting