Friday, August 30, 2013

First day of school!

The kiddos went back to school. It was a dark day in my life. The morning of was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The night before was a whole 'nother story! I hear a lot of parents say they can't wait for their kids to go back to school. But as for me and my house, I don't like it. I know that they fight and they drive each other crazy a lot, thus causing me to go a little crazy. But truth be told, I love having them around. I love the rare moments when they play good together and when I ask them to do something they say OK. The night before school B asked me to say the family prayer. I made it through being thankful for the day, then the flood gates broke. I cried through the rest of the prayer. By the time I got to the part of blessing M and K with a good day, school year and being able to make new friends I was a total mess. We're talking snot running down my face so I was wiping with my hand. Disgusting I know! After family prayercame the start of school father's blessing. To say that I was a wreck through those would be a gross understatement. I was so sad that when he finished giving them their blessings he looked at me and said,"Um, I think it should be your turn." I thought the tears would never stop. I truly cried most of the night. When I woke up in the morning I thought it would start all over. Thankfully it didn't! K was so excited that rather than walking to get dressed, make his bed, brush his teeth etc, he ran/jumped. He talked even louder than normal and carried his backpack and lunch around. M was excited too, but didn't want anyone to know. K started to calm down about ten minutes before we had to leave. As we got in the car he was pretty quiet. As we drove down the street, in a very quiet voice he said,"Mommy, I'm a little bit tiny nervous." I told him as I blinked back tears that he was going to have so much fun and that he was totally going to love it. Things are done a little differently 'round these parts. All the kids go into the gym. Their teacher's name is on a piece of paper on the floor. They find their teacher's name and get in line. Then the full time assistants take the kids to their classes. So, I waved as M left the gym. Thankfully there was a really nice little girl in front of her named Kaylee that looked at her and said,"We're friends!" That made M really happy! K was more than a "little bit tiny nervous!" He wouldn't look at anyone, he just stared ahead. They did let me walk him to his classroom. When we got there he wanted me to come in with him. I gave him a hug, told him that I couldn't go with him but that I loved him and would see him after school. I walked away and didn't even cry until I was back at the car. And even then it was only a couple tears. I took a picture of them before school, but blogger is being a bum and won't upload it. After school they both said that they had a really good day. M thinks her teacher is beautiful and wears really cute dresses. So, that makes everything ok in her book. K likes that he has two teachers. The one that teaches and the one,"in the blue shirt." I'm pretty sure the one in the blue shirt is the full time assistant, but I could be wrong. We don't know her name or what she did all day we only know that she wore a blue shirt. I'm glad that the first day is over and that they didn't have as hard of a time at I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting