Sunday, August 11, 2013

Utah part I

Now, I know that it's been a long while since I posted anything. But, we were on vacation and so being a vigilant blogger wasn't a huge priority. Actually, it wasn't a priority at all! Anyway, we went to Utah, were there for a while and then came back to normal life. I shouldn't say normal life. It doesn't feel normal at all to be here. Normal would be going back to Florida, suffocating in the humidity as we walked to Tuckett's and bumming at their house whilst B was at school or studying for a test or writing a paper etc. It feels really weird to be here, not know anyone and see B and not have him be doing school, talking about school or looking on Gasworks for a job that catches his eye. Anyway, I digress, going back to Utah was a fun filled adventure! We were able to see all of my siblings at my youngest sister's wedding. Well, not all of them. I had one sister that didn't come, but that was to be expected. The wedding was real swell! I got to see my three older brothers that I haven't seen in years. That was awesome except for when I saw R for the first time and he said,"You look the same except you're older and fatter!" Rude! Why I ask are brothers rude no matter how old they are?! I would have punched him in the face except he's like two feet taller than me... We were also able to see all of B's siblings. That was awesome too! I feel so far behind in the blogging area of my life. So, I'll spare myself the ache that comes with typing a ton and just put tons of pictures on instead. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath to see our vacation pictures,so here's just a small taste! 

Here are the girls from my family at G's wedding. My oldest sister wasn't at the reception. She's really sick with Lupus, so she was at the temple, but couldn't come that night. My second oldest sister wasn't there either, but her not coming is for another Opera. Not to mention it's Sunday today and so I'll try really hard to only say nice things, so we'll just say she didn't come. ;)

We were able to bless this dude while we were there. I'm so glad we waited to do it until we got there. That way so many of our brother's were able to stand in the circle. B said when he finished the blessing and opened his eyes, little B was laying there with a huge smile on his face. The bishop stood up and said that during the blessing he had opened one eye and little B was just laying there being very attentive to what was being said. It was really awesome!
Here we have a four generation picture. We have been able to get one of these pictures with all three of our kids. I think they're so cool. I just love the people in this picture!
Stadium of Fire! If I knew how to spell the sound a firework makes, I would have done it. If you know the song then you know that after the word fire there should be a firework sound. Anyway, I love that we were able to go this year. Kelly Clarkson and Carly Rae Jepson were there. Needless to say, I was able to sing my little heart out. It. Was. AWESOME!! Now you might be looking at this picture and thinking,"Why, K?! Whatever did you do to your spectacles?!" Just in case there are other five year olds reading this and they happen to have spectacles... glasses don't bend in half. Now that you know that, you won't have to try it out for yourselves.
This little dude slept through the entire Stadium of Fire, including the fireworks. He woke up as we got to the car. He was so happy from his three hour nap that he was smiley the whole ride home!
We went to a farm for my nieces first birthday party. M got brave enough to feed a horse. K was brave enough to keep putting hay up this poor horses nose. B and I kept asking him to stop, but he thought it was hysterical to hear the horse try and blow the tickley feeling out of it's nose. One time the horse had had enough! B was standing on the other side of the horses head, K inserted a piece of hay, the horse moved it's head really fast. My younger brother ducked out of the way, but B didn't move, the horse's head stopped right in front of B. The horse stomped it's foot, showed it's clenched teeth and spit/blew it's nose all over B! I know I shouldn't laugh but every time I think about it, I crack up! I see B in my minds eye getting horse spit and snot all over the front of him, standing there and saying,"Sick! That's disgusting!" Oh my word, it was so funny! Even now as I write it I'm weeping from laughing so hard! 
One night we went camping. We picked the only night of our entire trip that it rained. It started to rain as we pulled up to our campsite. I'm pretty sure it stopped raining as we drove out of the campground the next morning. Even though it was raining we still had so much fun! The mountains are beautiful! My older brother that lived in the checz republic said that when he told people there that he was from Utah they would tell him they'd been saving money their whole lives to go to the mountains in Utah. He also said that the mountains in Utah look just like the swiss alps. We miss the mountains so much and totally love that we were able to go camping even though it rained the whole time.
I don't know how the boys made a fire stay through the rain, but I'm glad they were. I had forgotten that in Utah when it rains, it's cold rain. I hooked B on to the front of me and wrapped him in a blanket. That was on top of his long pants and jacket. When I took him off of me to put him in bed, his hands and feet were still cold even though he had been wrapped up so much.
I don't know why these pictures are not in a neat orderly line. It really bugs me but I can't figure out how to fix it. Anyway, our best friends in the whole world were able to come up to the canyon for dinner and to just hang out. They couldn't stay the night because it was a weekday, but we still loved to hang out and spend time with them. M and K loved having R and R there to play with. We love this family so much and we are so happy that we were able to hang out with them a few times while we were in Utah.
We had to hike to Stewart Falls while we were there. It was so awesome to be able to be outside in the middle of the day and not die of the heat. M and K said more than once that they loved that it wasn't so hot there like it had been in Florida. The falls were more beautiful than I remember them being. It was an awesome hike!
We floated down the river too. The water is still freezing cold! It didn't take too long before my bum was numb. K refused to sit in the little raft we had for them. I secretly wanted to push him into the water and if it hadn't been so cold, I would have! Now, that's good parenting right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting