Sunday, April 15, 2012

The beach

As everyone knows, I do not enjoy the beach. But the other morning when I was running I was thinking that we need to take advantage of living so close to one. I am the only member on our family that doesn't like the beach. So, we went and I was happily surprised that I actually enjoyed myself! It helped that B had to work later so I knew that we would only be able to stay for about an hour. It was also nice that we went on a day that was cloudy, at least once in a while, so it wasn't so blazing hot. Don't think that it was cool by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't hot enough to feel like you were going to melt into a puddle.
B and M were brave enough to get in the water and play. I was more content to stay on dry ground. The other month I heard on the news a shark guy said that if people round these parts knew how many sharks were really here, they would freak out. That was all I needed to hear to solidify that I no longer need to step foot into the ocean. SCARY!
I love to take pictures from behind. I think they are so cute! I love that no matter how many times we go, she still loves to jump over the waves.

He was more content to play on the sand. He's a smart boy! No need to put your life at risk of your own free will and choice! We really did have a good time and I am happy to report that we came home with the same amount of body parts that we left with!

3 comments:

  1. So glad the sharks weren't biting that day...Wish I could come play at the beach with ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't the pool so much easier with the kids anyway??? i actually like the beach, but with kids it can be quite the ordeal! there are a lot of sharks out there, but not too many big ones that could do much damage :) and i know i already told you on sunday, but i just wanted to say it again- your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! You are such a good sport! Glad all body parts were accounted for and you enjoyed your short visit to the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Voting