Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Euthanasia

So, I was listening to the radio this morning as I made breakfast for the offspring. "A Total Eclipse of the Heart" had just ended, thus ending the concert I had put on in the kitchen. I love that song! Anyway, the DJ came on talking about blond moments and that they are having a contest to see who has the best blond moment. The winner gets tickets to go see a play. I have absolutely zero desire to see the play but hearing about the contest sent me into at least five minutes of serious contemplation of my best blond moments. I have oh so many to chose from but one for sure trumps all the rest. Most of you will remember this story, but it's fun to have a good laugh every once in a while, so here goes.
It was a dark and stormy night... Ok not really I just wanted to say something nerdy. I seem to be in a little bit of an annoying mood. B is glad he's not home because my annoying moods tend to include attempted tackling's followed by annoying titty twisters and attacks on all his tickle spots. Anyway, it was a normal day in the life of a 20 year old. I was sitting in an English class listening to presentations on something that the presenter found horribly wrong with society. Now this class wasn't a low level English class. No, in fact it was one of the highest ones you can take. I don't know why I took it. It had nothing to do with my major. I think I took it as an elective because I knew I would get an A. I can't make two plus two equal four, but I can B.S. my way through an English class like no body's business. B can attest to that fact seeing how I have written my fair share of his papers. And just in case you were wondering, it would appear that I haven't lost my touch. I can still get an A on a paper even if I can't even pronounce the words I am typing. Anyway that was a tangent. Sorry about that. So I'm sitting there listening to these presentations. A lovely young lass gets up and starts to present. She is talking about euthanasia. I got lost in my own thoughts for a minute because it seemed to me that as of late that topic had come up a lot and I was quite perplexed as to why. So before she got too far into her presentation I raised my hand. The class only had about 15 people in it so I knew that I could ask my question and she would answer it without being too deeply offended that this random girl had interrupted her. Anyway, this girl, if I remember right her name was (and probably still is) Lindsey. So Lindsey asked if I had a question. I said yes and asked," What's with this topic as of late? I mean, why do people keep talking about the youth in Asia? What's wrong with the youth in America?" You can probably imagine the look that she gave me. The professor actually stood up from his seat to come close enough to me to find out if I was being serious. Yes in fact I was. I had no idea what euthanasia was and why it was so bad. Lindsey was kind enough to explain ti to me before she moved on... Yes this is a true story and every time I think about it, it makes me laugh! Yipee for blond moments!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahaha. This cracked me up. I can't say much though, because I have FAR too many embarrassing college stories that I wish would just slip away from my memory forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite stories of you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty good! I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to write my blond moments down...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAA!! Yeah I remember this story. Oh its still really good too. Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete

Voting