Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hair

About three weeks ago I decided that I really needed to do something with my hair. Well I must admit that a sweet girl in our ward told me twice in one week that my hair was frizzy and that I should get my hair done to combat the problem. So with her gentle encouragement and the fact that I found a Paul Mitchell school in the area that would only charge $10 for a haircut I decided to take the leap and do something with my hair. I was glad to get it done for such a low price. But choosing to go to a school does come with a price. Problem #1- She cut off a lot more than I was expecting. I had told her that I just want layers added and swoopey bangs(which I learned is actually called a fringe. Who knew?!) Problem #2- I knew it would take longer because she is in fact a student. But imagine my surprise when it took her three hours. I do think that she was actually slower than other students because her learning leader(NOT teacher! That's something else I learned) would come around A LOT and ask her if she needed help and if she was doing ok. Not to mention there were students around her that did color jobs in the time it took her to cut my hair. Problem #3- They didn't tell me on the phone that if you use a card, you can't add a tip. So I went up to pay and there was no where for a tip! The girl that had cut my hair had walked with me to the front. So she's standing right next to me as I pay and I can't tip her. I felt so bad. So I had to go over to Costco, which is fine because I LOVE Costco. It just fills me with so much joy! Anyway I had to buy something. Pretty sure it was another volume of Ducktails, just sayin'; get cash back to be able to go back to tip her. I did tell them that they should tell people on the phone that they need to bring cash for a tip. Anyway this is the end result of the all morning, no card tip haircut.
When K saw that I was having my picture taken he wanted to join in on the excitment. I love this kid! Sometimes he makes me crazy and I have to tell him for his sake that he needs to go away from me because I'm going totally nuts. But other times he is so sweet. Like the other night when we were reading scriptures. He started to touch the callus on my feet. He ran into the bathroom and got my ped egg and started trying to rub it off. When I told him that he needed to push harder, he looked at me and said,"but that would hurt you and I don't want to hurt you mommy."
Of course M wanted her picture taken too. She wants her hair to be curly so bad! Last night I put it in three french braids and she slept on them. When I took the braids out this morning before church she couldn't stop looking in the mirror. Today is one of those days where I just love being a mom and love that my kids are little enough that they ask me things like, "How do you know everything?" I love that they color me pictures and tell me that they love me even when I freak out because they are walking in the house with their shoes on after I have spent three hours bleaching the white grout. I love their unconditional love and that they still want to hold my hand and sit on my lap. I just love love love my kiddos and am so thankful they will be mine forever!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your hair. I think it is so cute! And you have really cute kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute hair on both you and M! Still 3 hrs seems a little excessive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaa!! So glad that your ward member was sweet enough to let you know you needed something done ;)
    Your hair really does look darling. I love it. And just think- you have a fun story that goes with it.
    Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair! I'm not brave enough to go to a school, they always seem to go crazy with my hair. Love your kids, miss you like mad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your hair!! You have inspired me to do something about my shabby mop soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey look! I think this works! I love the hair cut first of all! It looks so good! I need to get mine done but I refuse to pay 10 Euros (aprox. $13) for someone who doesn't understand me to cut my hair. It just isn't going to happen! But at any rate, I love the hair! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fist of all, I love the hair! It looks so good! I really need to do something with my frizz ball but I don't want to pay 10 Euros (Aprox. $13) for someone who doesn't understand me to cut my hair! It isn't going to happen! But nevertheless, you look fantastic! 2nd- I love M's hair! It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hair! It looks so good! I really need to do something with mine but I don't want to pay 10 Euros (aprox. $13) to have someone who doesn't understand me to cut my hair. It just isn't going to happen! But nevertheless, I love your hair and M's hair! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Voting