Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Everything's bigger in Texas?

 I think not! Look how big this grasshopper is! During the summer these "little" guys are everywhere! They eat entire plants almost in one sitting. Clearly they have no fear of people. I got real close to it to take it's picture and all it did was lift one little leg. K kept asking what it was going to do to us as he backed away slowly from it. It is almost as long as half a dollar! When I look at this thing I think, this is what John the baptist must have eaten. I mean the other ones are so much smaller. He would have had to eat an entire swarm of them. These ones have so much more sustenance to them. He would only have to eat two or three of these to get his fill. When I see it half a mile down the road whilst I'm running I get a little grossed out just because they are so big. But I also think they're pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to say that this picture is just gross!! I mean bugs are bad enough without super sizing them!

    ReplyDelete

Voting