Thursday, June 14, 2012

A little Monkey business

The other month I saw a little boy scale this pole. I tried it and failed like I have never failed before. I couldn't even get my feet off the ground. We decided that we needed to practice. I am happy to say, that times have changed and being able to climb a pole is a hobby both M and I can boast of!
 I know that is looks like she's licking the pole, but she's not. When something is really hard, she has to put her tongue out to help her accomplish her goal. Not sure how the tongue helps, but it does!
 I love this picture! I think it looks so awesome that she can hold herself out like that.
 I try not to boast of my own strength because I know that I am weak. But I think this picture is totally awesome! Every time I see it I feel like clicking my heels together!
It may look as if I'm holding on for dear life. That's because I am! It was so hot and I was so sweaty that I was starting to slip. Thankfully M got the picture before I slid all the way down. My long term goal is to be able to climb all the way to the top of the pole. I was almost there! Maybe I can save that goal for one of my new year resolutions for next year! That would be a good one! Not to hard and not to disappointing if I don't reach it. Yes! That's what I'll do! For now I'll just bask in the joy I feel that I got this far up!

4 comments:

  1. You're talents astound me! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so strong and awesome!!! I wish I could have been there to watch you and cheer for you! And I truly would LOVE to see you click your heels together! Alas, I have never been able to do that. But knowing you can fills me with joy! I love you Trud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic of you holding on for dear life is hilarious! I think M totally showed you up on this one :) PS. I am so HAPPY you are back! I missed your face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Voting