Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shall we go to the theater?

 I finally bit the bullet and ventured to the movies with just the kiddos. The movie theater in the summer plays children's movies for a dollar a piece. So we went to see Yogi Bear. I didn't tell them where we were going. I just told them to go get in the car because we were going to do something fun. The entire drive they were trying to guess where we were going. As we pulled up next to the theater K said,"I really want to go to the theater, can we go there someday?"(make sure you say the a in theater. That's how he says it every time and I totally love it!) I didn't answer, I just pulled into the parking lot. He got really excited and even more loud than he usually is. Yes in a clown car such as the one we drive that makes it really loud, but who needs 100% hearing?! He said, rather yelled, "Are we going to the theater right now!?" When I told him yes he screamed. I think M was excited too. K was just so loud I didn't hear her response.
 We got a little bit bored while we waited for the movie to start. We were just watching what was on the screen, but then they started showing some really odd things that made me think,"self, your kids shouldn't be watching that because you can't even explain what it is or what they are talking about." So we pulled out the camera and made faces at it instead.
Today was such a smashing success that we might even do it again! Although we don't really like our kids to see movies we haven't seen. It's too risky that something will get slipped in there that we don't want them to hear or see. Anyway, if another movie is playing that would be my kind of kid friendly, I think I might venture out again!

1 comment:

  1. I love surprising my kids too with fun things, and then after, feeling like such a great mom. You are a super mom and your kids are so super cute. We miss you all, but we don't miss those big grasshoppers or whatever they are. I was afraid to walk out at night in the dark for fear of stepping on one. CRUNCH. :)

    ReplyDelete

Voting