Saturday, July 21, 2012

K man's turn

 Last night was K's turn to stay up with me to have a late night. I love not telling our kids that we're going to do something fun. That way they don't ask all day when said event is going to happen. Not to mention if it doesn't work out, they don't feel bad because they didn't know about it in the first place. Anyway, it was M's turn to go to bed first last night. Bedtime is 15 minutes apart at our house. If they go to bed at the same time, they stay up and play. Anyway, M went to bed first. After she was asleep K asked if he was going to bed. I asked him if he wanted to stay up and watch Thomas the Train with me. I wish I had had a camera. His face was awesome! He was so so exited! To say that his Thomas the Train movie is a little odd would be generous. The movie has several ten minute movies on it. He only lasted through three before he started to fall asleep. I knew he was tired, but when he asked if he could take his patch off, I knew he was basically sleeping while sitting up. He didn't have a patch on. He hadn't had his patch on for about five hours. Even though our night was over by 9:20 it was fun while it lasted! I love this kid and I loved spending time with him. Since we're already talking about him, let me share one more picture.



When he came out the other night wearing this I thought,"pick your battles." So I didn't say anything, he wore it to bed and thankfully hasn't worn it again. I must admit that this picture makes me smile. Not really the picture, the kid in the picture. He makes me so happy and I'm so thankful that he's ours!

3 comments:

  1. Oh your family makes me smile! I truly love reading your posts. You are an extremely good example of an awesome, loving, spontaneously fun mom. That is a sweet night gown too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep talking eh? What a funny boy! I love the nighty. I have a pic of my brother in a white Easter dress, ruffle socks, dress shoes, little hat and a purse. It will FOREVER be the best blackmail I have. Save this one for a rainy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you guys so much!! You are the best mommy ever with your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Voting