Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Temple trip

Last week B was on call one night, so he got the next day off. That was the only day this month that would work to go to the temple. We left early enough in the morning to get up there and both be able to do what we wanted in the temple. We were just over half way there when my darling friend called. She and I were chatting when she heard B's voice in the background. She told me sorry she didn't know he was home and would let me go. I told her it was fine, we were just driving to the temple. She said,"I thought the temple was closed until the 9th?" I told her that would not be great if she was right. She told me that she would look it up and call me back. She did and it was in fact closed. Bummer! I know that it's not the bishopric's job to tell us in sacrament meeting when it's closed. But, a friendly reminder would have been really awesome! I should have looked it up before we went. being so close to the Holiday, I should have double checked. If we still lived in Utah it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but we were already almost two hours into the drive. Anyway, we decided that since we were already that far, to just keep going. Thanks again to all the rain and wind, the weather was a lot cooler that day. We were able to go to SeaWorld and not totally melt. It was still warm almost hot, but it was doable. We weren't able to do the turtle trek because the line was too long. But other than that, we were able to do it all! We were really disappointed that they temple was closed, but we're glad that we were able to go do something fun together.

1 comment:

  1. now i don't feel so bad that we didn't know that the temple was closed either! yes, i nice little reminder over the pulpit would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Voting