Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our offspring are rock stars!

So to say that it was a little rainy last week would probably be a gross understatement. It was good to get so much rain because it made the pineapple we're growing get even bigger! On Tuesday morning when I opened the garage to go running, it was a little bit drizzly. I thought that it would be ok to run in, so off I went. I made it almost a mile when the heavens opened up and it started to rain. Unless you've seen a rain storm here, you won't understand when I say rain. Within less than a minute I had water running in streams down my face. I was running through puddles that were big enough to hide an alligator. Ok that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much! It was windy too. Windy enough that as the water was being blown into me I had to say,"Ow ow ow!" By the end of mile two it had let up a little. I thought, "Oh thank you Heavenly Father! I'll finish now that I can run rather than have to swim home." As I was running I thought,"Self, since it's let up a little, keep going. It actually feels pretty good because the sun isn't showing it's lovely face." So I kept running. I was really enjoying the nice running weather. I had just started mile four when I feel like heavenly father said with a smile on his face,"I tried to  warn you and you didn't listen." It started raining hard again. I'm talking torrential downpour! It was raining hard enough that I couldn't see farther than about ten feet in front of me. I tried running faster, but the wind was working against me. I decided that it truly was time to go home.(As soon as I finished that mile!) Every time I took a step water would come out in almost streams from the netting in the toe of my shoe. As I rounded the corner to come home, the garage was open and B was looking outside. When I stopped he told me that he had woken up because of the wind and rain and that he was trying to decide if he should get in the car and come find me. It actually felt pretty nice to run in it, but the next day I decided not to risk it. Since B was home that morning we wanted to run together. We talked to M and K and asked if they would ride their scooters and let us run along side them. They were actually pretty excited about going. I didn't know how long they would last. But a little running is better than none right?! Can I just say that they did awesome! We ran for just over 2 1/2 miles and it didn't even take us all day!  M even fell, but got back on her scooter and kept going. Neither of them complained about being gone for so long. Right at the end, it started to rain. We ran/scootered a little faster and made it home before the ark had to take off. The picture was taken about 15 minutes after we got home. We tried to get the dark clouds in the picture, but clearly they didn't turn out so dark. It was awesome to be able to go as a family. It was even better that we didn't float away!

2 comments:

  1. 26 miles?! I complain about having to drive that far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Suz! Not 26 you goof! 2 point 6! I changed it so as not to cause further confusion!

    ReplyDelete

Voting