Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Perks of free health care



No co-pays, easy to make an appointment and the nurse really will return your calls the same day. All of that sounds pretty amazing if you ask me. Free health care isn't as bad as I thought it would be! When B told me that he wanted to be a nurse I knew that his skills would come in handy. I am so glad that I'm not the only one that takes advantage of the free care he offers. My darling friend M needed to have her stitches taken out. Going back to the Dr. seemed like such a pain. Her husband is out of town thanks to this wonderful school that both of these skilled nurses attend, that rejoices in sending husbands and father's away for weeks at a time. Anyway, since her husband wasn't available to remove the stitches, B said he would do it. Before he started I asked M if she needed a hand to hold. I think I was more nervous than she was. She said she was fine. She did great! No tears or anything! I was so proud of her. I couldn't stay in the same room for too long, seeing the way the stitches pulled her skin made me more than a little queasy. Removing stitches today, putting people under in their homes so they can stay there for surgery tomorrow! The way I see it, the sky's the limit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting