Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ward Trunk-or-Treat and pumpkins

 Last Friday was our ward trunk-or-treat. B was so excited to do the donut thing. He really wanted M and K to do it with him. But they absolutely refused. So, he called for backup. B fought a good fight, but in the end C won it. Or maybe it was B in black. I can't be certain. One of them used their hands at the end and was unofficially disqualified. All in all it was a good match up.
 Making a spiderweb is the one thing that M said she would do. She didn't want to play any of the games or get her face painted. The only way she would do it is if I helped her hold the bottle of glue. At least she did something and she actually talked to the girl when she was asked what color glitter she wanted on her web!
 Thankfully he said he needed me to help him too. I can only imagine where the glue would have gone if he had done it by himself. I wish he had kept his little policeman hat on. It was so cute! But he said that it was really itchy. That would have been awesome if I had thought to take pictures of them getting ready to go out to do the trunk-or-treat. But, I just thought of it. So, you'll have to use your imagination!
 We don't carve pumpkins at our house. It smells disgusting and the feeling of the guts on the inside is even more disgusting. We color them instead. No one knows what K colored. It changes every time you ask him, but he loved coloring and breaking the stem off the top of everyone's pumpkin.
 When M concentrates, she sticks her tongue out. I think it's so cute! She drew a flower and put glitter on it. Then she drew a yellow sun which to her great surprise and disappointment, didn't show up on her pumpkin. Then she wrote a love note on the top around the stem. Before we started B told M and K that they either needed to put on jammies or a shirt they didn't care about because the markers could ruin their clothes. M stood there for a minute and then she said,"I know what to wear. Mommy can I wear one of your shirt's?!"
 In my head I had a picture of a black widow that would look so awesome on a pumpkin. The problem is that very rarely do the things in my mind translate to whatever I am doing. I drew the body of the spider way too big. So when you look at my pumpkin, you can't see the legs of the spider. Instead you see a big grayish orangeish dot with a pink hour glass because there was no red. So you stand there scratching your head trying to figure out what it could be. Oh well, there's always next year.
 Then there's the artist of the family. Last year he drew a skier and an alligator. This year he drew Iron man and a boat. What do his pictures look like you ask? Iron man and a boat. Someday I hope to be able to have my pumpkin turn out like his.
All done! When we  put K's pumpkin on his lap he said,"hurry and take the picture! My pumpkin is hurting my legs!" His pumpkin is the biggest and the heaviest, so I'm glad he smiled for the picture. I hope coloring our pumpkins will be something they like to do for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. holy cow, k's pumpkin is bigger than him! they were the cutest police officer and witch at the party :)

    ReplyDelete

Voting