Monday, October 12, 2015

Finally!

The results are in! Mr Gorbachev Walker, tear down this wall!


We were so excited to find out that this wall is not load bearing! When the guy told us that, we did a happy dance and told him to take it out.



I think it looks so much better! It will look even better when we are able to redo the flooring. But, the hole in the floor makes a perfect track for cars to race down. It also makes a great starting line for races to the couch. We aren't sure why Mr. Walker left a little bit at the top. He told us that if he took it all the way up, it would look like a botched remodel job.We told him ok and he left a little at the top. I had no idea it would take so long to do. Little B and I spent five days in the basement while they took out the wall, patched it, moved the electrical stuff and painted. A little bit about moving the electrical. They had to move the light switches to the wall that was staying. They did it in an afternoon. That night after dinner I went to turn the light off and saw that they had put the light switch in upside down. So, when the light was off, the switch was up. I convulsed, shivered and almost started to cry. Even thinking about it gives me full body shivers. You might think that I'm just being dramatic, I'm not. That is O.C.D. at it's finest folks. When the guys came back the next day I told them that I was crazy. They said,OK, very hesitantly and waited for me to expound. I couldn't even walk to or look at the light switch, I just had to point. I told them that the light switch was on wrong and asked them if they would please fix it. The guy started to laugh and said he would fix it before he left. Too bad he forgot. Thankfully B is amazing and he flipped it around for me so that I didn't end up in a padded room. I just don't understand how anyone could put a switch on wrong. Don't you test it and realize the huge blunder?!  Anywho, I wanted to take pictures of them taking the wall out, but when I came upstairs to do it, there was plastic taped up everywhere. It truly looked like a scene out of E.T. They told us that it would be dusty. That was an understatement. I feel like we could have made dust sculptures out of the dust that was coating every surface. They caught a lot of the dust with the plastic they had taped up, so I know that it could have been a lot worse, but it was everywhere. Truth. We are happy that the wall is gone and we can hardly wait to do the flooring.

1 comment:

  1. It does look awesome! Congratulations. About the switch....really?! That should for sure be turned on and off to make sure all was well. On another note....LOVE the family pics and the wedding pics are super cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Voting