Monday, January 26, 2015

Basketball!

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but K has a very specific order in which he will try sports. First was soccer, then football, now basketball and then he'll try baseball. Well, it's basketball season round these parts and we're in it full swing. We showed up to the first practice and found out that K's friend from school is on his basketball team. I don't know if K looks like he loves basketball because he really loves it or if it's because H is on his team and he loves playing with him. Whatever the reason, K loves basketball! Watching them play is adorable. There are no fouls called, they can travel and double dribble. It's awesome when one of the kids gets the ball on one end of the court and runs, holding the ball, all the way to the other end to shoot it. You can hear parents from all over the gym yelling,"dribble it! You need to dribble the ball!" It seems like if the kid can hear their parents and they try to dribble it, it hits their foot and they end up kicking it. Holding it and running seems like a much safer bet! I have learned that K gets all of his athletic ability from me. Poor kid! He got the ball and was running, and actually doing a semi-productive dribble, to the basket to shoot the ball. I was cheering like mad! Little B won't sit and watch the games, so B and I switch off with sitting on the bleachers and watching, and walking around with little B. It was my turn to be watching K play when this amazing play was unfolding. I was clapping and yelling for him as he shot the ball, when my ears tune in to B yelling from the side lines,"K! That's the wrong basket! Don't shoot it!" I had no idea that he was running towards the wrong basket. Thankfully, K missed the shot, but he still had a huge smile on his face. Clearly, he didn't know that he had shot at the wrong basket either. B may have the dominate genes when it comes to the looks of our children, but I donated the genes for their amazing sport skills!



I love that he's using both hands to dribble! That's my boy!

Sitting with his friend H as they watch the game. They get so into it and they keep score on their own. They've told me that they've won every game by a lot! We love watching him play and love that he has such a great time.



2 comments:

  1. He looks so into the game :-) I've made a basket for the opposing team before but sadly I was much older than K...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Right Rose?!?! Beehive rules didn't apply to that either, so not fair! Way to be B! Basketball is my least favorite sport to play so I'm proud of you for rocking it!

    ReplyDelete

Voting