Monday, January 5, 2015

The trouble with a big kid bed

We moved little B from his crib to a toddler bed. It worked out just great except for now he can open doors. Easy fix you say, put on one of those baby proof door knob thingys. We tried. He pulls it back until the hole in the center is away from the door knob. He then sticks his little fingers in the hole and leans back. Using all of his body weight he pops the child proof door knob thingy off, turns the door knob and out he goes to play in the toilet. Wish I could say he's only played in the toilet once, but I can't. Anyway, both M and K wouldn't take naps much after 18 months old. I wanted Little B to be different. Honestly folks, I don't know how much longer he'll last. Since he's figured out how to bust out of the not so child proof door, I have resorted to using a tie to tie the door shut until he's asleep. I untie it as soon as he's sleeping, so don't judge. Now, one day not so long ago, I had tied his door shut. I went to lay on the floor to look under his door to see if I could see his feet or if he had gotten back in bed and fallen asleep. We have an extra twin bed in his room. He was standing at the bed. I came back downstairs and waited about five minutes and then I went and checked on him again. He was in the same spot. I untied the ties and went in. 
He was totally asleep. The poor thing was sleeping while he stood at the side of the bed. I wondered why he hadn't just climbed on the bed and fallen asleep.

I moved his monkey and tried to get a better shot. There on the floor are his pillow and blanket. He could have laid on the floor, but instead he fell asleep next to the bed. It's tough to get a good nap when you're big enough to climb out of bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting