Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

Before we talk about New Years Eve, let's talk about my favorite Christmas tradition. Painting our ornaments is by far my favorite tradition. I love that the ornaments they pick to paint are so personality oriented. Like little miss M. She picked a heart with ribbons on the front of it. Of course she would pick the heart. Not only is she so sweet and loving(most of the time :) ), but she is all girl. She loves things to smell good and look good, with the exception of her room; which she doesn't care about at all! But generally speaking she likes things to look, smell and just be pretty and nice. I love this picture! Not only does it show them painting their ornaments, but it also shows that she's left handed! I think it's so awesome that she's left handed. I long to be left handed so much that all I'll say is that the mirrors in this house aren't used only for dancing and singing in front of anymore! They also fulfill my desire to be left handed! Or, at least to appear that way.  

Now, moving on to New Years. We were all pretty healthy through New Years Eve. M did have a weird fever, but no other symptom except she was tired. But it seems that as soon as Midnight stuck, our healthy streak ended.

Here's proof that four of the five of us made it all the way to midnight! This is the first year these two have been awake when the ball dropped. Can I just ask a question? What's with the ball dropping? Isn't dropping the ball in anything in life a bad thing? So, why on New Years Eve do so many people pack into Time Square to watch a huge ball drop? What an odd thing to call a tradition. Anyway, Yay for making it to midnight and being able to welcome in the New Year! B woke up Thursday with a small back spasm. Meaning, he could hardly move because some muscles in his back had freaked out. He's gone to the Dr about it in the past and they say sorry, ride it out. He had his back issues, M's fever was higher and she was even more tired and then K was starting to complain about his tummy hurting. The inevitable happened. Bodily fluid started springing forth and out. Not great! K was so kind to share with me. Cleaning up after a sick kid when you yourself don't feel good should be against the laws of nature! The stomach bug hung around until Saturday night. I am happy to report that everyone was able to report back to school and work today. I was even able to use my new padded sports bra that I found on sale, in my size at Maurices! It's bright orange and I love it! Can I just say that I love Maurices?! Truth, if there was a t-shirt that said, "I love Maurices", I'm pretty sure I would but it and wear it a lot! Their jeans are usually on sale and their sizing makes me feel so good about myself. Their clearance racks are great! Last time I was in there I found a pair of capris on the clearance rack for $6.49! I would have rounded up to $6.50, but they didn't cost that much!!! I truly love that store! Anyway, where was I, oh yeah, we're all healthy and happy! 

What else, what else.... I don't have anything to say really, so I'll just put some pictures on and call it good.
AH yes, the infamous clothes on the floor picture. That can only mean one thing. There's a kid around our house somewhere that had clothing on a few minutes ago, but no longer does.



Here sits the culprit. He loves to take his clothes off. Honestly there have been days when he removes his clothing in the wee hours of the morning and the lazy side of me takes over and he stays in just a diaper all day. Thankfully the diaper stays in place. It's so annoying once they find out how to take that off. He had stripped, found a chip on the counter and was so happy sitting on the chair, eating his snack and watching that cars go by.
This act is what causes us to tie the fridge shut. He opens it, climbs in and gets yogurt. Which is fine except for the nasty diapers eating five+ yogurts a day causes. At least he had his clothes on still!

We'll end with this one. The fellas in this house got new BYU shirt's from grandma B for Christmas. I got little B dressed first one morning. K saw him and said he wanted to match. He came down from getting dressed and said he didn't have a white shirt to wear under, so he just put on his blue one. But, "It still matches because we both have long sleeves on and grey pants. Well, I didn't have grey pants, I only had my blue fuzzy pants so I'm wearing those instead, but we still look the same." Imagine hearing all this while K is running and jumping and doing somersaults and causing mayhem, that's just how it goes when he's telling you something. If you didn't imagine him doing such things as you read his quote the first time, you must go read it again thinking such things. He's wild and crazy to say the least!

We had an amazing 2014. We were able to do such fun things as a family and make some awesome memories! We are so thankful that my sister, E, still has her foot after an awful motorcycle accident that very easily could have left her with only one foot. Speaking of feet, we're also thankful that my brother, A, still has his foot and toes after a 3000 pound trailer fell on it and crushed it. Let's not forget my nephew, R, that thankfully still has his eyesight after a wood chip went in it and risked leaving him blind. Little, M, we are so thankful that even though you fell in the fire, you are still here and that your burns aren't worse. L, hang in there dude! We're praying that you get to leave the hospital soon and that you and your mom will be able to go back to Texas with your dad and S! I love coming from a huge family, but sometimes it feels like because there are so many of us, there's always at least one major medical event each year. This year there was just more than one! We truly are so thankful that all of these people are still here and that they are still part of our lives. We hope and pray that this new year is full of happy memories and that we will be able to stay close to family, maybe even get a little closer! To 2014 we say farewell and to 2015 we say, bring it!


1 comment:

  1. Love the pics and the blog! I get the same way as little B. Sometimes,it just doesn't matter if I'm on the bed or standing. Metaphorically speaking :)

    ReplyDelete

Voting