Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Utah!

This past week we were able to go to Utah. It was awesome! It for sure wasn't long enough and we weren't able to see all the people that we should have, for that we are sorry. But to be able to spend so much time with family was awesome! We are so thankful that we were able to go. At first we were freezing! Playing in the mountains was so fun. Besides missing family, we miss the mountains the most. We love them and hope to be able to live close to them again some day.


We thought the alligators here were bad. They aren't as scary as the ones in Utah. K had a near death experience. Thankfully I was close by and I was able to rescue him from the jaws of death.



The Orem Summerfest happened while we were there. That has been a favorite of B and mine since high school. We couldn't not go. The parade and fireworks are what we love the most. B and I love the fireworks. M likes them just not the sound and K doesn't like the sound or the actual fireworks. At least he got to see a firetruck in the parade so the whole night wasn't a waste.

All too soon it was time to go home. I cried like we were leaving for the first time again. I was doing alright and actually keeping the tears at bay until I saw my niece slump and start to cry. Oh man my heart was ripped out of my chest and I couldn't keep the flood gates up. I cried and cried and cried. I got it back together until M said,"I don't want to go home. I want to stay in Utah." Even writing it makes my eyes fill with tears. We loved the family time and the memories that we made.




We were all worn out. This was the scene all the way home. To our families we say thank you! Thank you for letting us stay with you. Thank you for letting us hang out with you and for helping us make so many good memories. We love you and miss you so much!








2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to visit!! I bet that was hard to cram everything and everyong in. You are so much braver than I could ever be to move away from "home"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was super fun! I'm so glad I got to see you and that I'll get to see you again at least twice this year!

    ReplyDelete

Voting