Sunday, March 10, 2013

Let's go camping!

Last weekend was our Stake Father's and son's. This was the first year that B took K. K found out they were going the Sunday before. He talked about going camping with daddy all week. He would randomly look at me and say,"I am so escited about Friday!" When I would ask why he would say,"Because, I get to go camping with daddy!" On Friday we got the lantern out and put batteries in it. It is the coolest lantern I've ever seen! B got it for Christmas from his mom. All the sides of the lantern can come off and you can carry it around so you have your own light. When I showed K the lights came off, his mouth fell open and I'm pretty sure tears of joy came to his eyes. He said that he hoped that C was going. I told him that he was going and that he and B were actually going to ride in their van with them. K started jumping up and down and then ran in little circles because he was so happy. He's really loud anyway, but when he's excited, his volume gets even louder. He shouted,"I am going to give C one of these lights. He'll have his very own and I'll have my very own! I am so escited!"  
I love this picture! I am so happy that B remembered to take a picture of them. K was so happy that he got to ride in the van with C, he was so happy that they were sleeping in a tent, he was so happy to be with daddy and have a boy's night!
What's not to love about this picture?! B said that K was so excited to let C use a part of the lantern, that he handed it to him basically as soon as they got to the campsite. There was a group of older boys playing catch with a football. K and C wanted to play too, but they didn't want to put down there lights. So, they just ran after the boys dragging their lights behind them. I would have loved to see it! K called me at 7:45 to tell me that he and C got to sleep in the same tent and that they were going to bed. I've never heard a little kid sound so excited to go to sleep! When they got home the next morning I asked him if he had fun. He said that it was so fun! Throughout the week he would look at me and say,"Remember how we had a boy's night and you and M had a girl's night and our boy's night was more funner than your girl's night?" When I ask him what made his boys night so fun he said,"We went camping! Camping is more funner than a wedding dress show!" I am so happy that B didn't have to work and was able to take K and that they had such a great time!

2 comments:

  1. These stories make me smile! I have a special place in my heart for your little cutie!! I can't wait until Liam is old enough for this. Boys and camping just seem to be the perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Voting