Saturday, May 14, 2011

Here are some random ideas

The question that I am posing is this. What do you do with an hour and a half inside a state park with nothing to do and your keys locked inside your car courtesy of your three year old? Well, here are some ideas. I'm not saying that I'm speaking out of experience, these are just some random ideas. However, if that were ever really to happen to us, I think I would take these ideas to heart!

I think pulling out the camera and trying to make the best of the situation would be a great idea! I bet it would help if there was a wedding on the beach that day, so that you would be able to see the "Marry"(bride) as k puts it, or would, if he were in this scenario, as she walked down to the beach in her lovely gown beside her oh so happy dad and all her little bridesmaids following behind her.



Once you couldn't see the "Marry" anymore I think it would be a really great idea to go stand next to your car and take pictures of you doing pretend frowny faces. I love that K doesn't know how to do it and so he just filled his cheeks with air. I love that M looks really upset. We had to take quite a few of these pictures because we were laughing pretty hard at each other. In a good way of course!





When the fun of taking frowny face pictures wore off, you could just let your children climb on the trunk and lay on the window so they could see their own reflections.







Then just when you think you are going to be stuck in a state park all night because your keys are on the floor by the front seat, the park rangers,"are no longer allowed to provide that service. We used to be able to, but not any more, sorry." The police department has told you,"A state park isn't our jurisdiction, call the sheriff's department." The Sheriff's department said,"No, you can get a hold of a locksmith(even though you have already tried without success) here is his phone number." And that locksmith has told you,"To go that far, your lookin' at about $95, but I can if you want. You can call someone else(aka-it's Saturday and I don't want to. Who turns down making $95 for a three minute job?) You have finally gotten a hold of someone that has said,"I'll be there in 10 minutes" and that was 20 minutes ago. So you really think your going to have to brave sleeping in the wild, walking to church and showing up in your swimsuits. You see this white suv pull into the parking lot with bold lettering on the side telling you he is here to rescue you in your time of need. He floats angelically out of his vehicle, puts an airbag in your door frame, pumps in up, uses a device called a... wire coat hanger(if you say it with a french accent it definitely sounds like an important piece of equipment) and unlocks your door. Keep in mind that these are all ideas, just in case something like this were to ever really happen.









4 comments:

  1. What an adventure!!! You get the triple exclamation mark for that!!! I'm glad you survived and I can't wait to hear more about it tomorrow at church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds way more fun than when I locked my keys in my car. Plus a wire coat hanger is very high tech and cool even w/o a french accent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAA...just sayin...it's worth the price....

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! You always have the best adventures! Totally jealous :) Jewel did this recently... only her kids were IN the car. It all ended happily and such but yours sounds like much more fun. You are the best mom to entertain your kids and be a good sport :)

    ReplyDelete

Voting