Saturday, May 14, 2011

The newest member of our family!

I know that some of you may have freaked out by the title thinking that we had maybe gotten a baby. Unfortunately, no such luck. But on a brighter note, we have a pet. This is Chloe. I'm not making this up. Our children have named her, they talk to her. They ask where she is when they wake up or we come home from somewhere. When they can't see her buzzing around they start calling out for her,"Chloe, where are you?" B and I have no clue where they got the idea that she would make a good pet. I do have some thoughts on the matter, me have something to say?! Shocking I know, but here it goes

First, I CANNOT believe that I refer to a fly as a she. With that being said, she is the best pet in the world! We don't have to feed her, we don't have to clean up her poop. We don't have to take her on walks. Although it has been suggested that we tie a small piece of string around her neck so that she has the option of being walked.

Second, Some pets seem to never die. Take for example my older sister's goldfish. That thing was invincible! We had a nephew who, on more than one occasion, put the poor fish in his pocket. My sister never cleaned the bowl. So the poor thing lived in pond scum, literally. To try and teach her a lesson, my other sister took the bowl, scum and fish and hid it for a few days without food and it lived! It was amazing. I think it may still be alive. Anyway, that is a good example of a never ending pet. Not so with our little Chloe. We already know that her life span is brief! It's wonderful.

Third, More good news. We found out yesterday( Thanks to M)that Chloe's sister, Audrey has come to live with us. So when Chloe goes, Audrey will still be around to help us heal the loss. Yipee for pet flies!

You may be thinking that the heat is really getting to us and making us odd. That might be a little bit true, but if you're children are going to insist on getting a pet, a fly is the way to go!


*Chloe has passed since the original posting. May she rest in peace.

5 comments:

  1. LOL You totally made my Monday! I've never thought of a fly as a pet but maybe I'll get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so excellent! I love your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they want to tie a string around her neck to give her the option of walking....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahaha. I'm the newest follower of your blog. Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny!!! R.I.P. Chloe, how's Audrey working out?!

    ReplyDelete

Voting