Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sand dollar

Isn't that so cool?! I wish I could say that we found this. Alas, we did not. We were walking along the beach and a lady stopped and asked if we had found any sand dollars yet. We said no and so she gave us the one that she had found. She told us that a sand dollar is a Christian symbol because of the Easter Lilly that is on the front. The piercings on it symbolize the nail marks on Christ's hands and feet when he was crucified. She said that if you break one open then in the sand formations on the inside there are things called the doves of peace. If you look close enough they look like little doves in there and Christ taught peace.
I don't know how well you can see the flower on the back. I thought it was so nice of her to just give it to us! For some reason I have always really liked sand dollars, so thank you kind lady for giving us a whole one and not just a piece of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting